Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Car Alarm When Using Key

xHelenT180x

This could be me just having a blonde moment but here it goes;

Battery in my key fob has died on my, used my key to open my car and CAR ALARM ATTACK!

Can someone explain how to stop this from happening until i replace my fob Battery?

I managed to stop the alarm once i sat in the car and started the engine, luckily i managed to lock the car with the key after i had arrived to work without the alarm going off.

How do i prevent the car alarm going mental when opening the car with the key?

Sorry if you guys are laughing at this but I genuinely have no idea how to stop it without the alarm continuously going off and causing a scene.

Helen

We have been on about this on the Rav4 forum recently. The alarm does go off if you open the door with a key. If you have the alarm operating instructions booklet you will see it tells you that. (at the bottom of page 2 & 3 in mine)

I'm not sure if Toyota's are the same as other cars with alarms, but have found that if you lock the car using the key in the lock, it should lock as normal, but NOT arm the Alarm, so you can unlock the door with the key without an issue.

There should be more info in the handbook, but I don't have mine with me to check.

Cheer for the input guys, bought a new Battery for my fob so no more alarms going off lol.

However i think i did manage to resolve my original issue, when turning the key to the right then left, that was when the alarm went crazy, but just turning it to the left to open the car managed to not set the alarm off :dontgetit:

But as of now, the Battery is full of life so i should'nt have to use the key anytime soon.......touch wood haha.

Thanks for your info :clap:

Helen

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links