Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Button, Button, Who's Got The Button? I Do!

surfcitylocal

I have been so envious of you in the UK having a push button starting system on your iQ's. We in the States and Canada have the dimple in the dash where the start button would be mounted but we are not offered the option by Scion.

The Haolebuilt II project has just been sponsored by Advanced Keys and will soon have the auto entry, push button start system. They are finishing the newest model on the 24th and I should have it by the 28th in time for installation before the iQ is displayed at SEMA in Las Vegas in October.

I'll post pics and a video of the systems operation once it is installed.

This will be one of my favorite modifications of the iQ I'm sure. No more remote to open the doors and no key to start the engine!

Push-Start2.jpg

http://www.advancedkeys.com

Me , me, me ......... I've got the button.

3 months since I got the car I STILL get a kick out of pressing it!

Childish I know, but after the inevitable comments about how much room there is inside it's the next thing that make new passengers go WOW!!!

Taz, Just wondering would it have not been an option to buy the Toyota parts for Smart Entry/Start from a European source?

I find now when I drive my wifes Grande Punto that using keys to get in and start the engine is wierd, strnage how you soon get used to things.

The system does have the smart entry, really looking forward to that.

The Toyota stock parts are too expensive to use from the UK so this is a better route for us over here.

Could you go for something like the 'Aston Martin' Crystal Key?

No idea if they are an Option on a Cygnet, but i think it would suit your interior.

I am sure you could have one that Lights as you insert it, & as you use it as your start button, changes colour.

Red as you Insert & Green once ignition on.

http://www.astonmartin.com/en/cars/cygnet/specification

george

post-104736-0-05069000-1347975819_thumb.

post-104736-0-08040400-1347975834_thumb.

post-104736-0-23298200-1347975847_thumb.

post-104736-0-05028500-1347978344_thumb.

Our Toyota Verso is like that. You have to open the door with the fob then insert it in the slot next to the start button, put your foot on the clutch and press that button. Smart entry is the Nuts!!!!

David

With that Aston version, you might as well be putting a key in the ignition. More like a bit of Bling.

I think you are right, except its a Bit of real Crystal in your pocket,

or in the Dish at a Swingers party & it counts for more than a Ford key maybe.

Might as well wear a Timex & not a Rolex & drive a Punto & not a Porsche.

Life is bling,

Sent from A Steam Driven Computer & not from an I Phone.

george

Cant see all the fuss over a button to start an engine.it was used years ago even the earlier mini had a button on thr floor

My auris has smart entry and smart start. Smart entry is handy as you only have to have the fob in your pocket to gain entry

but unlike some models i cant open the hatch independently from the doors which is a pain when carrying things.

With the push button start you have to press the button then depress the clutch once or twice depending on your preffered method of use

If you should stall say at traffic lights or level crossing ( and we all do at sometime ) the you have to press the button to turn off and the press the button again and depress the clutch.

With a key, depending on the car type you.turn the key of then turn to start.again then your away far quicker than playing with buttons and clutches,and hold up people behind you.

Do you people get exited if your radio is stated by pressing a button instead of turning a knob.

I know which i would sooner have.

IVe had the Auris a couple of years now but now and then i find myself pulling my bunch of keys out of my pocket and trying to put the key to the wifes Hyundai into a non existing ignition switchin the Auris.

Senile decay strikes again.

I have an automatic so the stalling at a traffic light is not an issue.

I'm just a sucker for stuff I can have but don't. I love options and add on items.

I even added a video camera to my surfboards. LOL

Snapshot28-27-20126-13AM.png

Snapshot28-19-20124-50PM.png

Snapshot18-27-20126-03AM.png

With my iQ3 with the smart entry and start you....

Walk up to the car, about a metre away from it the interior lights will illuminate and you can unlock the doors by simply putting your hand behind the handle.

Start the engine by getting in the car and depressing the clutch. That illuminates a green light on the start button which you then press and the car starts. You don't need to hold it down until it starts either, just a single press and release.

The tailgate can be unlocked with the key in your pocket, you don't need to go to the side doors first and there is a lock button on the tailgate too.

I have stalled a few times and you simply keep the clutch pressed and press the start button again. This restarts the engine and away you go. It doesn't turn off the ignition first, just restarts it. Not sure if that is the same though on the 1.0 models as my car being the 1.33 version has the stop start technology?

Sounds like the Auris has a more complicated system to start and unlock the car.

Craig.

Had a look earlier on Autotrader at the prices of Aston Martin Cygnets and they are getting pretty cheap. Okay, still twice the cost of a Toyota but for £20k you can get a very nice example. Be interesting in a few years time to see what they sell for, maybe I'll be able to get my first Aston. :)

Craig.