Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toyota Aygo Usb/sd Mp3 Interface

ssupernova

Hi

Im new to this forum and have already picked up a lot of tips regarding the Aygo from here.

Has anyone got the Toyota Aygo USB/SD MP3 Interface from xcarlink?

Am thinking of getting this or simillar from eBay but am not sure how much control over USB or SD cards I would have. Does anyone know if you are able to navigate folders held on USB or SD or if it would just play all songs one after another.

Ideally I would like to have many folders containing individual albums and be able to select the album I want to play.

Here is a link to the xcarlink one I am looking at:

http://www.xcarlink.co.uk/product.php?productid=167&cat=11&page=1

Any help from anyone who owns one of these would be appreciated.

Thank you

ssupernova

You could get a new stereo with an SD and USB slot, together with an Aygo Facia kit for less than the price of that adaptor. A stereo with SD and USB slot is likely to have better controls to select your music. If you do a search on eBay you can get a stereo with SD/USB support and an Aygo fitting kit for under £70

I have an older one that only takes SD cards (Not SDHC like the newer one, so limited to 2GB. Can use USB instead tho'!) and it's pretty good.

You can put the songs into folders named "cd01" "cd02" etc. and cycle through them as if you had the world's biggest multi cd changer :lol:. However, there doesn't seem to be any way to order the songs, and sometimes it misses out folders if you have loads of them (On mine, cd07 can't be accessed unless I remove some of the later folders; It goes up to cd13 currently!)

It does seem a bit buggy sometimes with some badly encoded mp3s or if the cable gets a bit loose.

The main reason I got this instead of just replacing the stereo is that my Yaris has steering wheel controls and this allows them to work - If you use a third party stereo the steering controls won't work.

• 7 months later...

Have just built in Yatour USB/SD AUX interface in my Aygo. This one is similar to XCarlink, but much cheaper:

http://www.carinterface.nl/toyota/yatour-usb-sd-aux-in-mp3-interface-voor-toyota-aygo-citroen-c1-peugeot-107-autoradios_ytm06-toy3

Built in in 20 minutes in glove box. Created folders CD01, CD02.... CD06, copied MP3 track to USB stick and voila.

Sound quality is very good. In the manual is mentioned that the max number of tracks per folder is 99, but i have few hundred and still works fine. There is possibility to order songs!

Check it here:

http://www.ycarlink.com/pd_13014_How-to-play-songs-in-alphabetical-order-on-Yatour-YT-M06-.htm

Wow! Nice find!! I wonder if anyone sells those in the UK...

Appears to be identical to the newer xcarlink in terms of features and limitations (Max Folders and SD card sizes, have to remove all cards to make the AUX kick in etc.; The old xcarlink could cycle between sd/usb and aux without unplugging but could only read up to 2GB SD card, not SDHC)

I found a nifty utility to sort the track orders too - http://www.anerty.net/software/file/DriveSort/

Is quite flexible as you can manually order stuff too, but a bit more complex to use.

You don't say which model Aygo you have, but I would definitely go with a new head unit with SD and USB slot as suggested above by Richard Overfield. That way you have even upgraded your head unit from tiny 15 watts to 50 watts per channel and a better radio reception as well. I am glad that I changed my head unit to one with SD and USB facility and it has a good radio reception unlike the toyotas original. You could buy Pioneer, JVC, Sony etc. You will need a fascia adapter and a harness. By the way they look good too. All available on the eBay shops.