Do Not Sell My Personal Information

G3 Glasscoat

bobbinman

Hi I am new to this forum,

I have just bought a IQ2 for my wife and are getting it at the end of the month. First ever Toyota IQ!

The dealership have recommended us to add the G3 glasscoat to the car which is the white pearlescent colour. Whats your experience of the coating? is it worth the £200? never had a white car so I was wondering if the extra coating would make cleaning easier, Although the sales man has promised weekly free car washes! along with a full tank of fuel, car mats and boot liner as part of the deal

I did test drive the Skoda Citygo and VW Up which I liked but to get the same speck level as the IQ2 and with the interest charged on the finance they cost more Plus a 3 month delivery was too long, we needed to get a new car ASAP as our existing one is on its last legs.

0% on the IQ sealed the deal and my experience of the Toyota dealership so far was first class.

I look forward to your replies

Thanks

Welcome Bobbinman,

Come on.. its small enough to give it a weekly polish!!!

I was in the same dilema re the car, downsizing from an Insignia to a smaller more eco friendly beast, tried the Seat Mii & VW upp... soooo pleased I chose the iQ it just makes me smile everytime I get in, the biggest smile comes when i put smething in the 'boot' then walk to get in the car and find myself at the front bumper... turn around walk back and get in..... lol lol lol

You will love it

I didn't get mine with the G3 - I'm a tightwad.

It's a small car, for me the G3 is not needed if you're happy to polish the car and care for it once a month. Got me a waterless cleaning regime - Grease Lightning Showroom Shine. Really good stuff. Clean my car once a fortnight, or 3 weeks when I'm busy. Clean and shiny everytime. Occasionally jet wash for £3 just to spray off hard grim after driving up and down the M1. Whole clean and polish takes no more than 45mins on a nice day.

white IQ here as well. No G3 but a waterless regime like Mr Jones ........ car still looks new thanks to a nice layer of Greased Lightening Showroom Shine

Mine is also white, it was 9 months old when I bought it so no idea if it had the G3. But I bought all Maguires car wash products along with their 3 step paint car system.

I thought the white 070 paint was pearlized anyway not an addative. My touch ip paint is aldo 070 and is pearlized

Davod

David the G3 is just like the ******** product that i used to Treat new cars with.

£12 including VAT i used to pay per pouch,

A pouch of Wax/Sealer that you puncture & Wax On Wax off.

1 needed for a iQ & 2 for bigger cars.

Dealer price was easily £250-£300 for the treatment.

A Kit in a box now is around £50

Wheels & Body & Interior fabric.

2 guys now come and do a whole car in about an hour.

2x £10-£15, and a Kit £50.

Dealer charge, = what ever they can get away with.

mats, Rear Liner, 17 litres of fuel more than they need to put in anyway,

& the Treatment.

Still £50 or so minimum profit to them.

george

I wouldn't bother and do the car yourself. As George says, they will charge an arm and leg for a job that is suppose to take time. But they'll rush it.

Being a ex detailer I've used the following on our Pearlescent White IQ with very positive results:

Magifoam Snow Foam

rinse then 2 bucket wash

paintwork clayed and de contaminated

machine polished with Menenza 85R

wiped over with quick detailing spray

Naviwax Light sealant applied x2.

Sorry if it sounds excessive or unfamiliar, but with the correct polish and sealant, you'll be onto a winner. Not forgetting good quality microfibre towels and pads for applying polish and sealant. G3 application pads are great if you want to stick with this brand.

Also worth noting, Toyota paint is quite soft so don't use a deep cutting compound polish if doing it by hand or machine as it will cause marring and could wreak the paintwork. Hope this helps and is still on subject :)

Ha completely read the post wrong in the first instance. Thought it was suggested that adding G3 was what made the paint pearlized hence my ref to 070 paint code. Mental note to myself " dont read posts at night". Sorry guys wasnt looking to put it on my car

David

Thanks guys for all your replies, It looks like you have helped me make my decision! Can't wait to get the car.

Chris