Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Service Parts

mrsb805

Hey all

I need a little advice re: my first car service.

Before you all groan - yeah im doing it myself ....

I've got Lola (my 03 t sport) and she is due a service, first time i've needed to do it since i got her.

I've always serviced my previous cars so don't panic lol

What i need to know is what make/model parts are the best for her.....

ie: spark plugs

air filter

oil filter

I've tried to find part numbers etc on the site but end up going around in circles, so i thought this would be quicker.

hope you can help...

mrsb

Hi,

If you go to sites like EuroCarParts and GSFCarParts and enter your reg. no. it comes up with the parts you need.

Don't forget your Cabin Pollen filter, usually well blocked and overlooked.

If you don't have a branch locally they do deliver or look in yellow pages etc for your local Motor Factors, the trade supliers who will usually have good prices for the private buyer.

Also pop in to Halfords and look up the part nos on their filter and plug charts, though like Mr T they can be rather expensive, but you can always try haggling with Mr. T - they do sometimes give a bit of discount or check with Kingo / Parts King in this forum for a service pack.

PM the vehicle reg number to me and I will price up genuine Toyota parts for you

Kingo :thumbsup:

Picked up an offical oil filter from Toyota the other day which was about £11 but i've had them from Opie Oils in the past and they work just as good.

I've also had sparkplugs from sparkplugs.co.uk and they were about £28 for 4 denzo Iridium (IK20's) but i think they have gone up in price a little since then. No need to adjust the gaps.

Not bought the air filter for a while as i've a K&N , the Toyata pollen filter was i think about £22 the last time i picked one up.

Takes 5w 30 oil although i've used 0w 40 before now.

But Kingo is your best bet for offical prices

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks guys for all your great advise, i will use it wisely.

Lola thanks you too cos she needs a little tlc.

xxxxx

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links