Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

March 2009 Avensis ( The Fitted Sat Nav)

jayfree

Can anyone tell me please why my Sat Nav will not take the final 2 digits of a Postcode ?

I can't get accurate directions without these digits but the blinkin' Sat Nav will not let me put them in !

Thanks

Because it is not a full post code lookup system, only a partial lookup

Kingo :thumbsup:

Thanks for replying KIngo.

I have no knowledge of these at all.

Can I get any upgrade to improve things at all?

Cheers

A Garmin or TomTom, portable unit will do more than the old CD based system would ever do. The factory fitted Sat navs are always very expensive

I would use a portable or change the head unit for something with sat nav built in, you would save a fortune over a factory unit

Many thanks again KIngo. I appreciate your advice and will have a look at the ones you suggest.

Do you happen to know by any chance if those two that you mentioned have any speed camera detection thingies in or on them.

I want to steer clear of those as we travel in France sometimes and to have Speed Detection units over there is against THEIR law and could cost big bucks if apprehended.

Thanks

KIngo,j

just to confirm ( as if you did'nt know already ) that you have the misfortune of dealing with a bit of a dipstick on this query....what do you mean by changing the head unit ?

A Garmin or TomTom, portable unit will do more than the old CD based system would ever do. The factory fitted Sat navs are always very expensive

I would use a portable or change the head unit for something with sat nav built in, you would save a fortune over a factory unit

Hello again O learn'ed one,

I was wondering (as one does) why Toyota just didn't go with the TomTom in all models like they did in the Yaris SR Nav for instance, because it's a far better system as you say mate.

Pete.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links