Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Inflatable/temp Roof Rack

Now I know most of you think I am a sandwich short of a picnic.... But I had to take a mattress to the recycling centre this morning and struggled as I am 200 miles away from home and no Roof Rack or even bars, the guy in front of me in the queue had an inflatable Roof Rack that sat on the roof of the car, chatting to him, after use he deflates them and stores it in a bag in the boot. Has anyone used them and has anyone got any thoughts comments etc.?

By the way Clare will be purchasing some better bulbs, down here in the real dark as in no streetlights the Rav dipped beam is poor.

Gus

Edit: just found it Handirack on http://www.handiworld.com/

Am I the only being reminded of a particular 'Only Fool and Horses' episode when I read the above?

The only thing I'd worry about would be them marking the paintwork if they were to move slightly, especially if there is weight on them.

Neat idea though.

Am I the only being reminded of a particular 'Only Fool and Horses' episode when I read the above?

Dead funny, Pepsi & Shirley :lol:

On a serous note, those inflatable roof racks usually work by having a strap inside to secure and that will not be compatible with the curtain airbags, so could be ok for a quick trip to the tip maybe but not as a regular method I would suggest.

Get roof rails filled and even if you don't have proper roofbars with you, a couple of 2"x2" wooden strips tied to the rails would work just as securely (and better) then an inflatable rack.

Footnote to Gus, on island we have no street-lighting,as such. Douglas you can see from Blackpool, but in the Villages they only have road junctions illuminated. On our estate, the street lights go out at spot on Midnight.

Regards Clare

Back home now and back to streetlights, will get some bulbs ordered and change those, just makes you relise how driving the Rav in a totally dferent area can give you a different impression, cheers Clare for the hint about the bulbs.

Had a look at roof bars, wooh at that price and for extremely infrequent use I think I will investigate the inflatable Roof Rack, it isn't just the cost of bars, but the cost of fitting is pretty extreme as well.

Gus