Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Aygo Go & Ios6 / Iphone Problems

Richard Overfield

I have upgraded my iPhone4 to the new iOS6 and now the iPod dock in my Aygo Go does not see it. BUGGER!. When I plug the phone in the phone charges as usual, but it is no longer seen by the Aygo Stereo/TomTom Satnav, so you cannot play the music from the iPhone or control the iPhone using the Satnav. I have plugged it another iPhone which has not been upgraded to iOS6 (running iOS5) and it works OK.

I am at a loss at to what to do. I am not sure it is possible to downgrade to iPhone back to iOS5.

Does anyone know how the iPod dock works. Is it possible that there maybe an update for the Aygo Stereo, or would it be the TomTom that needs an update.

Does anyone know if there is an e-mail address for a technical support department at Toyoto?

I am going to carry on trying to get it working and speak to my Toyota dealer tomorrow, but if any of you have an iPod dock on your Aygo I would suggest waiting before upgrading to iOS6 if you want to able to dock your iPhone/iPod/iPad. I will update you all if I get any more info or manage to get if working.

I managed to get hold of Toyota and discussed this with them. They advised that as the iPhone5 was only launched today it is too early for them to have a fix, but they did make a note of my reg number and my telephone number as they said they are sure they will get lots of other people with the same problem. Hopefully if enough people kick up a stink about it they will come up with a fix.

They advised me to downgrade my phone to iOS5 to fix the problem!

I just logged into the forum to see if anyone had the same issue. I thought it was my new iPhone 5 causing the problem but from what you've said it appears to be iOS6.

I also fired off an email to Toyota letting them know and see if they are planning a firmware upgrade.

At least it works via bluetooth - that surprised me when I first took delivery of my Aygo Ice. Hadn't realised bluetooth could carry music with any degree of quality, but it sounds as good as when I use the USB connection. Today I have been plugging in the usb cable just to charge while I play music etc. via bluetooth. In many ways Bluetooth is better in that you control what's playing from the phone instead of using the abominable media control/display on the head unit. I know you shouldn't touch your mobile phone while driving, but going through all those up/down/select functions on the head unit takes much, much longer and is potentially much more dangerous . . .

I have a 2011 GO! I have an I phone 4s and upgraded to ISO 6. I checked yesterday and it works fine, just as before. :) music, audio book and all other aspects of the system work!

I have not downloaded any special app or anything, the only thing I do is keep the Tom Tom up to date by plugging it into the laptop now and then ( free downloads)

AFAIK the iPhone 5 can't be uses with the existing dock-connector without an expensive Lightning-convertor.

Streaming audio over BT is dependant on the Digital/Analog convertor of the radio for the sound quality: the signal itsself is sent digitally...

I have an iPhone 4s that runs iOS6 and still recognises every accessory I use...

The lightning connector sends out the same info as the old connector and still terminates in a usb plug so why would it need a converter? Connecting the usb plug to any other device seems to work as it used to and the usb protocol is pretty standard.

The OP wrote that he updated his iPhone 4 to iOS6 and the head unit now does not recognise it. The iPhone 4 uses the old connector so it would appear that it is an iOS 6 problem rather than an iPhone 5 issue.

Are those posting of their success using an older USB compatible head unit in their Aygos? The 2012 model uses a Pioneer head unit rather than the Panasonic used in older models . . .

Thanks for the info on bluetooth Jan. Interesting!

I have updated the TomTom with all updates and I still cannot connect my iPhone. I have tried another iPhone running iOS4 and that works, so I know the problem is related to the iOS6 update, and the phone worked before being updated to iOS6.

Grinner82, the only difference I can see is that you are using an iPhone 4S and I am using an iPhone4. I would have thought that would make too much difference.

As far as I can see the Aygo Go does not support bluetooth Audio, so other than connecting a 3.5mm lead between the iPhone and the stereo I cannot get it to work.

Very annoying as I was one of the reasons for paying the extra for the Aygo Go.

Mine is an 2011 car, bought new in march 2011 so an early model. Dont know if this makes a difference?

There are all sorts of different problems with the new IOS6, as always. It crashed my phone and I had to do a full re install to get it to work. Different problems for different people. Have you tried using you I Phone on a music docking station to see if its the iPhone connection?

Does it still charge the batters?

You might have to use the USB instead?

Just a thought.

On a side note BT still works for calls.

Mine is an 2011 car, bought new in march 2011 so an early model. Dont know if this makes a difference?

There are all sorts of different problems with the new IOS6, as always. It crashed my phone and I had to do a full re install to get it to work. Different problems for different people. Have you tried using you I Phone on a music docking station to see if its the Iphone connection?

Does it still charge the batters?

You might have to use the USB instead?

Just a thought.

On a side note BT still works for calls.

I got my Aygo in August last year so yours is not that much older.

Phone is fine and syncs with a PC, and works on a Speaker Dock. All the problems started straight after the OS Upgrade. It does still charge the Battery, it just doesnt play music throught the connector.

I have tried using USB but I dont think you can play music from an iPhone via the USB Port. I thought that was just to charge other mobile phones and to plug in a USB Pen to play music. I will give it a try though.

Making calls is OK as this is done by bluetooth. Its just the music playback that doesnt work.

The only solution at the moment is to charge the phone on the dock connector, and play music using the 3.5mm AUX Socket. A bit messy but is works!

An update....

I had a phone call today from my local Toyota dealer (Steven Eagell in Watford), because Toyota told them I was having a problem. I tool my Aygo Go them to show them the problem. They could get it working and also tried in another Aygo Go, and have reported the problem back to Toyota.

I am not expecting a magic fix but was really, really impressed with the way both Toyota and the dealer have dealt with it.

• 2 years later...

I have just had an ipod shuffle and it will not connect up to my radio player in my 2015 plate Aygo.

I have just had an ipod shuffle and it will not connect up to my radio player in my 2015 plate Aygo.

Ipod shuffle is not compatible only;

• iPod touch (5th generation)*
• iPod touch (4th generation)
• iPod touch (3rd generation)
• iPod touch (2nd generation)
• iPod touch (1st generation)
• iPod classic
• iPod with video
• iPod nano (7th generation)*
• iPod nano (6th generation)
• iPod nano (5th generation)
• iPod nano (4th generation)