Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

1997 Rav 4 Euro Spec Wiring Diagram - Help

snowman01

I am in Borneo trying to help a friend with a Jan 97 RAV 4 to fault find an electrical problem.

The vehicle does not comply with the RAV4 96 -2000 electrical wiring diagram that I have.

This car does not have a crankshaft sensor and only appears to have one camshaft sensor with a single coil.

After replacing the head gasket the car will not start. There is a spark from each spark plug, but it appears that injectors are not getting an earth from the computer. The fuel pump is supplying fuel pressure.

Has anyone got a diagram they can provide me with for this model? Or a good idea why this is happening?

I have searched on the internet for several days and can not find an applicable diagram.I have a copy of the Haynes manual which is also useless for this vehicle wiring.

By Euro Spec I mean it is a UK originated car, I think. It is R/H drive anyway.

Thanks

Hi Don,

Many thanks for your quick assistance with this matter. I will review and report back.

Hi,

Unfortunately the data required was not in the provided manuals. The car seems to be different to all the manuals I have seen. It does not have an OBD2 socket, crankshaft or camshaft sensor,(apart from in the distributor) and there are only two wires coming out of the distributor. It has a single ignition coil and as far as I can tell only one oxy sensor and no EGR system. IT does have lots of vacuum lines which appear to be only for MAP sensor and Evaporative control system. It has a large diagnostic service socket on the engine. After changing the head gasket the engine ran very rough and we found that the timing belt was out by one tooth, this was corrected and now the engine will not start. It appears there is no fuel from injectors, there is fuel to the manifold, there is power to the injectors and a spark at all the plugs. Any ideas any one?

Hi, I now think that the car may be a Japanese import, anyone have electrical diagrams for a 1997 JAP model?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links