Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My First Blemish

Dark Matter

Well... it had to happen. Following a 350 mile trip on the M4, I arrived back from Wales with a fine collection of insect life welded to the front of my otherwise pristine white IQ.

A session cleaning the car removed all the insect debris thanks to a bit of elbow grease various magic fluids and hey presto the IQ is once again in pristine condition.

But wait a minute what’s that on the bonnet? A stubborn dead bug? No ...... it’s a STONE CHIP.

Maybe 2-3 mm across, hardly a huge problem. But to my eyes it stood out like a beacon as it was down to the metal.

Anyway ... to the point of this thread

I used products from the nice people at Chipex to effect a repair.

http://www.chipex.co.uk/

And the chip has gone. And I mean gone. You would have to look very hard indeed to see it. Now I wish I had taken some before and after pictures.

A recommended product from the man that brought you Showroom Shine.

Thanks for the helpful tip Nick. Looking at the pics and vids on the web site, it looks like good stuff. Although it's expensive, in the long run it must keep more value on your car, so is therefore a bargain. However, with the stone chips on my car I may need two of those kits.

it is expensive I guess but you get a lot in the kit and enough products to fix a claimed 50 chips but I reckon more .

the traditional paint that tarquin uses is obviously the usual way but key to the chipex method and what makes it vastly superiour to touch up is the way it blends into the surrounding paint.

No more raised blobs of almost the same colour paint