Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Picked Up My New Rav4 Today!

benxt5

Picked up my new xtr diesel today. Very impressed. Feels much tighter than the old one. Noticeably quieter and smoother drive.

Unfortunately it was raining so haven't had chance to take any decent photos. I will when the weather is better, but for now... :gora:

IMAG0605_zps3ac40bb1.jpg

Nice one Ben.

Don't let Big Kev see that No plate!!! Its got his age on it too.

Lol... Great minds and all that ay.

Now to sort out gap insurance. Had a quote of £160 for a 3year RTI but not a company that I an familiar with; ala.co.uk. also had one for £230 from a company linked to confused.com.

Any ones anyone would recommend from experience?

Does you regular insurance company offer anything Ben? Many policies will cover you for a new car if, heaven forbid, yours is written off in the first year and I believe some companies will extend the cover beyond the first year for an addition to the premium. Got to be worth asking.

I bought mine from ALA but fortunately not needed it so far!

Want to watch out you don't insured at too high a value, as it is GAP insurance after all, so enough to cover the difference of a RAV at 3 years old compared to brand new replacement (so around £15-£18k tops?)

Wishing ye much good health to enjoy, Ben, and many thanks to Hoovie for extended test drive of his automatic wan (ALSO IN THAT LOVELY PEARLYFICESCENT WHITE....SORT OF...) the other day.....stunningly enjoyable drive, deathly quiet, seamless gear changes in that auto box. I am convinced they have sneaked the T180/SR180 engine under that bonnet.....pulls really well for a supposedly 150hp engine.....AH WAAAANT WAN......

Big Kev....aged 62, apparently.....

I bought mine from ALA but fortunately not needed it so far!

Want to watch out you don't insured at too high a value, as it is GAP insurance after all, so enough to cover the difference of a RAV at 3 years old compared to brand new replacement (so around £15-£18k tops?)

Yeah, they said up to £15k for the ALA quote. I think I may go with them then. I was just that I had never heard of the company and I'm always wary of that on the internet. It doesn't take much to set up a website...

Cheers,

Ben.

Very true, ben, re rogue traders. ALA came up with good reviews when I looked deeper. Not sure if you heard of Quidco (cashback site) but I bought via a quidco.com click through and got about £14 cashback on my £126 premium, so end cost (bought in Dec last year) was £112 for 3 years GAP cover - so £35 a year for extra peace of mind is worth it IMO.

Stunning Rav,Ben, feel slightly jealous this morning.

Enjoy

Regards Clare

Very true, ben, re rogue traders. ALA came up with good reviews when I looked deeper. Not sure if you heard of Quidco (cashback site) but I bought via a quidco.com click through and got about £14 cashback on my £126 premium, so end cost (bought in Dec last year) was £112 for 3 years GAP cover - so £35 a year for extra peace of mind is worth it IMO.

Sorted. Went with ALA. £129 for 3 years and £17500 max "top up" RTI payout.

Much cheaper than the £399 Mr T asked. Now to price and consider supagard...

Sorted. Went with ALA. £129 for 3 years and £17500 max "top up" RTI payout.

Much cheaper than the £399 Mr T asked. Now to price and consider supagard...

SUPAGUARD A TOTAL WASTE OF MONEY, BEN....DO NOT GO THERE.....YOU CAN MAKE A MUCH BETTER JOB OF PROTECTING IT YURSELLUF !!!!! EVEN GET YER BAHOOKY UP HERE AND I WILL SHOW YOU THAT WHAT WHICH BLUE VORTEX AND CHARLIE TAUGHT ME....IT'S A WEE BIT OF WORK BUT WELL WURFF IT.

Better to look at doing what Davrav did with that expensive shrinkwrapping / condomification at front to avoid stonechips (and leading edge of roof as he has discovered.....)

Big Kev

I wouldn't bother either. Go and see Kev, he will show you what to do.

Seemples....

1. clay Bar whole car with a good lube and lightest clay you can get....new car or not, you may get a surprise how much crud may be on it. Claying must always be preceded by a right good wash, preferably foam lance wash, and thorough rinsing...remember ma auld "Etch-a-Sketch" adage.....?

2. Two coats of Collinite Insulator Wax....my own preference, and its longevity is worth it.

3. Rain X on all windows except front windscreen makes the glass bead and shed watter the same way your newly waxed car will. I have stopped doing my front windscreen as it does indeed need to be done very regularly or Anchorman's patented "radar sweep" comes to the fore.

Finished....sit back and admire yer arms that Popeye would be proud of.....

Any corrections most welcome....

Still Learning B.K.

Big Kev

Oh, ok. I did a bit of detailing when I had the Mazda and use to do the japspeed shows...

IMG_0039.jpg

I used Poorboys stuff but folk raved about Collinite then too. I thought that Supagard was a little more of a barrier than even these though?

Seen a set of Bilt Hammer soft clay bar (200g) and a 9oz tub of Collinite 476s on eBay for £27 including p&p. Does that sound reasonable and is it the stuff you would recommend? I was also thinking of getting a bottle of Poorboys White diamond show polish to apply before the Collinite, Their black hole polish was responsible for the above...

Well, took a few pictures to share. Got 85 miles on the dial now. 78 of em mine! Love it. Much quieter than the old one. Seems to pull a little better too so should be great once it loosens up a bit with a few thousand miles.

IMAG0614_zps3f570807.jpg

IMAG0612_zpsa04db1e7.jpg

IMAG0611_zps3fa89100.jpg

Very nice Ben :thumbsup:

Seems to pull a little better too.........................

That account for the Blonde hiding in the passenger seat?

Very very nice- great to see you took pictures with the car off tarmac - many enjoyable miles to come!

Oh, ok. I did a bit of detailing when I had the Mazda and use to do the japspeed shows...

IMG_0039.jpg

I used Poorboys stuff but folk raved about Collinite then too. I thought that Supagard was a little more of a barrier than even these though?

Seen a set of Bilt Hammer soft clay bar (200g) and a 9oz tub of Collinite 476s on ebay for £27 including p&p. Does that sound reasonable and is it the stuff you would recommend? I was also thinking of getting a bottle of Poorboys White diamond show polish to apply before the Collinite, Their black hole polish was responsible for the above...

Bilt Hamber a wee bit prone to jarring when used with its recommended lubricant....water. The Meguiars blue mild stuff I feel really is polite and should suit a new car's paint. The "tub" of Collinite is slightly different from the very wattery BOTTLE of Collinite 845 Insulator Wax.....I have used both and they are great, but the "845" realy is Karate Kid's Stuff.....wax on / wax off.

Stonking job of the Mazda, though, whose headlights were great.....Mazda Lamps Stay Brighter Longer......Gus and Mike JD know what I mean.....

Big Kev.

The 3m venture guard looks like a great product. Tempted to get some myself on my new vehicle which has a very exposed bonnet :(