Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Picked Up My New Rav4 Today!

benxt5

Got to back up Uncle Kev, Colloinites 845 insulator wax is "top dollar" and topped of with CG Jetseal 109, a great combination.I invested in some VP Ph neutral Snow Foam and Poseidon carnuba wash (got delivered yesterday), that is a great combo as well, it really does take the dirt of your car.

Ben the colour of your Rav with the Chrome Grille- Quality!!!!!!

Jealous Clare!!!!

Cool! I'll look into the other Collinites and the jetseal. Thanks for the advice and compliments on the new motor!

The 3m venture guard looks like a great product. Tempted to get some myself on my new vehicle which has a very exposed bonnet :(

Won't be cheap Hoovie but it does the job really well.

Very true, ben, re rogue traders. ALA came up with good reviews when I looked deeper. Not sure if you heard of Quidco (cashback site) but I bought via a quidco.com click through and got about £14 cashback on my £126 premium, so end cost (bought in Dec last year) was £112 for 3 years GAP cover - so £35 a year for extra peace of mind is worth it IMO.

Sorted. Went with ALA. £129 for 3 years and £17500 max "top up" RTI payout.

Much cheaper than the £399 Mr T asked. Now to price and consider supagard...

Really nice new car, and hope you really enjoy it. I have ALA for GAP, and also transferred it from my last car, they were slow with paperwork, but all sorted, and seem like a good company, best value too! :driving:

Eh what, don't know what you mean..........

Gus

You have to try to get inside the mind of the Scotsman. Be warned that if you succeed it's a scary place. Think abstract or to coin a dreadful cleche' "outside the box". He's driven four good Glasgow pyschiatrists raving mad.

Kev.

Saw 3 new RAVs at RRG yesterday. Just to cause more frustration I will post the photos later.

Eh what, don't know what you mean..........

Gus

You have to try to get inside the mind of the Scotsman. Be warned that if you succeed it's a scary place. Think abstract or to coin a dreadful cleche' "outside the box". He's driven four good Glasgow pyschiatrists raving mad.

Kev.

Saw 3 new RAVs at RRG yesterday. Just to cause more frustration I will post the photos later.

Only those with guid Scots blood will know what I mean when I use my pseudonym.....Lisa Lane......and as for psychiatrists, that's nonsense.....never even had a bike. Off topic....bin beckons.

Cappuccino;

IMG_0865_zps54ebde35.jpg

I forget the name of this blue but it is mega dark blue and you can only see the blue in the light;

IMG_0866_zpsfbc9832d.jpg

..........and my old favourite, Vermillion Red;

IMG_0863_zpsbc1c97a7.jpg

So in addition to Hoovie and Ben white, you have some decisions to make!!!

I was tempted by the cappuccino but the Mrs wasn't keen. The blue is deep titanium. There is also astral black, decuma grey and Tyrol silver...

....and going by the amount of absolute sphincti who are making me derogatory offers on my car on two sites, I will not be joining the elite of the Chrome Grilled Fraternity. They just don't get the fact I actually really like ma car, ah just FANCY a new wan.

Big Kev.

....and going by the amount of absolute sphincti who are making me derogatory offers on my car on two sites, I will not be joining the elite of the Chrome Grilled Fraternity. They just don't get the fact I actually really like ma car, ah just FANCY a new wan.

Big Kev.

Why not wait for the 4.4 in March? If you don't like it, there will probably be even better deals on new 4.3 run-outs than there are now.

Stunning colour that Vermillion Red,I saw one at a local Pub the other day, it was a 4.3 XT4 with spare on back door (so must be 4 or 5 years old) and it was immaculate.

Regards Clare

Don thats a bit naughty on Big Kev and me, you know where desprate to join the "Chrome Grille" fraternity!!!!!

One of the nicest colours was the one that you had after the first red one, Don. The colour-changing one.... Don't know the name. Is that still available?

Don't remind me Dave (biggest mistake of my life getting rid of that). You mean the one that could decide if it was grey;

IMG_1034.jpg

........blue;

Blue3.jpg

....or violet;

violet3.jpg

Its called Tidal Blue and they only do it on the Yaris now.

Cappuccino;

IMG_0865_zps54ebde35.jpg

I forget the name of this blue but it is mega dark blue and you can only see the blue in the light;

IMG_0866_zpsfbc9832d.jpg

IMG_0863_zpsbc1c97a7.jpg

That looks like RRG Macc with Nick in the drivers seat.

"Nick in a car"....is that not a crime.....?

Witheld.

Cappuccino;

IMG_0865_zps54ebde35.jpg

IMG_0866_zpsfbc9832d.jpg

IMG_0863_zpsbc1c97a7.jpg

What I don't understand is why they now only provide roof rails as part of an option pack. To my mind they are an essential part of the package for a car like this. They also improve the looks no end, IMHO.

You can get the roof rails separately either in black £220 or Silver £320, the killer is the fitting cost on top of that as I understand it.

Gus

I am sure that Kingo wrote ages ago that they are very easy to fit yursellf, Gus....? Cannae be rocket science as the mounting areas are very easily accessed.

Big Kev

After I wrote that, I went and had a look at the install guide, you are right Wee Kev they are a doddle, I woz sure the stealer mentioned drilling the roof..... but as ever I may not have been listening after he said £220/£320 - my wallet was quivering - think it was my wallet.

Gus

edit plus the cross rails of course!

On the Toyota.co.uk Website there are standardized prices for accessories ...

The RAV4 Roof Rails in Black are quoted at £246.98, and the text that is underneath the price is:

"You may consider it preferable to fit permanent roof rails if you intend to regularly use the roof of your RAV4 for transporting large or bulky items. With roof rails in place, you can then quickly install lockable cross bars and choose from a wide range of optional attachments for carrying specific items. The roof rails are available in black or with a silver finish.

*All prices include VAT and fitting."

When I got my RAV4, I *supposedly* got the dealer to agree to fit rails at cost, but they overcharged, and in order to challenge them, I called around a couple of garages to get an actual price for rails - supply AND Fit - and the dealers I spoke to were willing to take the Toyota website price and knock off 10% at least - so expect to pay around £220 for rails fitted :thumbsup:

Personally, I think the RAV4 is naked without the rails on top ;)

You can get the roof rails separately either in black £220 or Silver £320, the killer is the fitting cost on top of that as I understand it.

Gus

Yes, I appreciate that, Gus.

I just don't understand why an SUV comes without roof rails. After all, it is a "Recreational Activity Vehicle (with) 4(WD)" so you'd reasonably expect to be able to strap stuff on the roof like, kayaks, surfboards, bikes, etc.i.e. all the things that you would recreate on!

And Hoovie's right, they look crap without them.

Gus

Yes, I appreciate that, Gus.

I just don't understand why an SUV comes without roof rails. After all, it is a "Recreational Activity Vehicle (with) 4(WD)" so you'd reasonably expect to be able to strap stuff on the roof like, kayaks, surfboards, bikes, etc.i.e. all the things that you would recreate on!

And Hoovie's right, they look crap without them.

What are you being quoted for fitting Gus?

They simply bolt to the housings hidden under the plastic covers to front and rear of the plastic cover along the roof joint/gutter.

See PDFRoof rails.pdf

I'm certain other members have retro fitted the rails with no issues.

Still not cheap to buy and I agree with comments above with regard to what one should expect from an SUV.

Very tempted by that red one. If anybody fancies coughing up 14.5k for my mint 2010 model with 11k on the clock?

Very Nice, we wanted a white one last September but there was no availability at that time so we settled for tyrol silver again...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links