Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Annoying Rear Rattle

Flollop

Has anyone had a rattle, knocking coming from the tailgate of Avensis? I`ve packed the plastic trim with sponge as i thought it was banging on the metal, no good. I`m at a loss, any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

I've got a squeaking noise rather than a rattle from the tailgate when I go over bumps in the road. I also packed the plastic trim with spongy stuff which worked for a while but noise is back. Sprayed silicon in to metal catch/lock mechanism which seems to have improved it but can't say I'm convinced.

There's two torx screws holding the bootlid catch in place. Slacken them and adjust it so it's a bit tighter.

There's two torx screws holding the bootlid catch in place. Slacken them and adjust it so it's a bit tighter.

Thanks i`ll try that

I found that for me, when you open the tailgate, there are rubber stoppers, but over time and use I found that they didn't absorb the shocks too well. As a test all I have done at the mo is cover the rubbers with plastic and cellotape and so far so good. not a long term solution though