Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Poor Exeleration Auirs T180

big al your pal

poor exeleration malfunction indicator lamp on can not get over 40 can you help

Wow! 540K thats alot of mileage.... Consider taking it into toyota mate. Pay £59.00 plus VAT for them to run a diagnostic on it. The car has done a serious amount of milage though.

Wow! 540K thats alot of mileage.... Consider taking it into toyota mate. Pay £59.00 plus VAT for them to run a diagnostic on it. The car has done a serious amount of milage though.

hi 54 thousands is nothing for a diesel sorry crap with computers

Have you changed the fuel/air filter? Cleaned the MAF? is the milage 54k or 540k?

Have you changed the fuel/air filter? Cleaned the MAF? is the milage 54k or 540k?

hi taff 54 thousands full service in july 2007 modle

can you post a picture of the light/fault?

hi chris cant do that dont know how pic of engine with vsc on

Your car is in limp mode.

Have you fitted a tuning box device?

Have you put petrol in by mistake?

What triggered it? Were you overtaking? Pulling away from a petrol station? Cruising at a certain speed?

The more info you can give us, the easier it might be for us to help you out, so tell us everything you can.

Your car is in limp mode.

Have you fitted a tuning box device?

Have you put petrol in by mistake?

What triggered it? Were you overtaking? Pulling away from a petrol station? Cruising at a certain speed?

The more info you can give us, the easier it might be for us to help you out, so tell us everything you can.

hi no tuning box cruising at 50/60 have flat spot so cleared egr valve took it for a run to day i have disconnected the Battery to reset the ecu going not to bad still have flat spots how do clean maf sensor

The MAF can be cleaned with a electrical contact cleaning spray, or with a spray designed for the job called CRC that can be bought off eBay for a tennor. But electrical spray is about £3. But it doesn't sound like a MAF problem. More like a SCV valve or the EGR could be sticking open...

The MAF can be cleaned with a electrical contact cleaning spray, or with a spray designed for the job called CRC that can be bought off Ebay for a tennor. But electrical spray is about £3. But it doesn't sound like a MAF problem. More like a SCV valve or the EGR could be sticking open...

hi can irepair the scv valve and the egr valve or is it to be replaced

Firstly, get under the bonnet and check the EGR is seated correctly and bolted in tight.

Check you connected the electrical connector to the EGR as this is easy to overlook and will fool the car into thinking the EGR is not working, and put the car in Limp mode.

DON'T do anything else to any other part of the car until you have remedied this problem, because if you create a second issue it could take a lot of tie and money to sort one or both problems.

IMO, the problem lies with the work you did on the car if the problem has shown up after you worked on it.

Firstly, get under the bonnet and check the EGR is seated correctly and bolted in tight.

Check you connected the electrical connector to the EGR as this is easy to overlook and will fool the car into thinking the EGR is not working, and put the car in Limp mode.

DON'T do anything else to any other part of the car until you have remedied this problem, because if you create a second issue it could take a lot of tie and money to sort one or both problems.

IMO, the problem lies with the work you did on the car if the problem has shown up after you worked on it.

Thanks to everyone for the helpful infomation

Hi

I recently made a similar mistake after cleaning my EGR valve. When I started the engine, I received a check engine warning. I soon realised that I'd forgotten to reconnect the EGR plug after putting everything back together. However after reconnecting the EGR plug and starting the car I continued to receive the check engine warning. To remedy this, I had to disconnect the Battery again in order to reset the computer. Once I disconnected the Battery again, the computer reset and the Battery reconnected (with the EGR plug in place) all was well.

Many thanks

John

Hi

I recently made a similar mistake after cleaning my EGR valve. When I started the engine, I received a check engine warning. I soon realised that I'd forgotten to reconnect the EGR plug after putting everything back together. However after reconnecting the EGR plug and starting the car I continued to receive the check engine warning. To remedy this, I had to disconnect the battery again in order to reset the computer. Once I disconnected the battery again, the computer reset and the battery reconnected (with the EGR plug in place) all was well.

Many thanks

John

hi john took car to garage paid 48.00 for diagnostic dpf at fault put a can of 244 in on top of full tank of bp done 80 miles running ok but lights still on should they not go off