Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Alarm Issues... Help!

Salvo213

Hi guys

Need any help urgently please!!

For the past 2 weeks my alarm has been going off every now and then for no apparent reason but the last 2-3 days its got worse and has stages where its sounds every 5 mins for half hour or so then starts again. Anyone know of any known issues that are causing this?

Its just the normal standard factory alarm i have on the car. I've checked all windows, doors, sunroof etc but nothing! If i cant figure out what it is then i would rather diable the alarm, if so is there a quick way of doing this?

Would appreciate any help guys, thanks for reading :-)

Could it be? Not noticed anything about a weak Battery. Car starts fine and everything works ok

Have you tried setting the alarm with the interior sensors disabled? This will at least elliminate them from the diagnosis. And if it is the sensors causing the problem at least you can use the alarm for now.

Dave

NB in case you didn't know- To disable sensors press the button up on the roof lighting panel until the alarm LED on the centre panel flashes quickly. Then exit and lock as normal. The alarm is then set except for interior sensors.

Edit: this is for 4.3 model, not sure if its the same on yours. I'm using mobile web view and it doesn't show your details!

..that sounds like the answer for the chap who wants to lock his dogs in the car and not have the alarm going off

It is. But if it works (ie alarm doesn't keep going off) then it indicates a problem with the sensors (or large spider taking the p)

Dave

Edit- mind you, he didn't say his dogs WEREN'T in the car.