Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tyre Advise.

silly sausage

I am looking to replace my tyres before the winter months arrive, I'm currently on G91 Yokohamas which have given me no problems on this Rav or my previous Rav. Yokos seem very good but I have read good reports on Pirelli STR's and was wondering if any forum members could offer any advise from experience of Pirellis or could suggest an alternative, or, should I 'stick' with Yokos. Thanks in advance.

Stick with the Hokoyamas, Paul.....had Pirellis on wife's 3 door and the road noise was dreadful. Fancy an upgrade on yer Yokos....? Try their advan ST80 like whom which I have got....very quiet and stunning in the wet.

Big Kev

Grass is greener scenario. Like yourself, had the Yokohama G91 on there from new, which went through the winter snow brilliantly with only 3mm of tread, out performing my Landrover for traction in every area.

So the decision was easy- I put a set of four exact same tyres back on when the time came.

NB they come with 8mm of tread. After 16k they had 5+mm on the front and 6mm on the back still, so wearing well.

Dave

Have been running on Yoko G91s for four years/60K miles and no complaints.

I shall stick with the Yokos again then ! I've been quoted £129.00 each all inc which seems reasonable.

I paid £440 for a set of four and after beating them down to that price got a free 4 wheel alignment done too!

Prices vary national and monthly, so your price may be the best you'll get right now, where you are. (I'm down sowf)

Dave

I'm Up Norf Dave ! Yorkshire /Lancs border, where Men are Men and the sheep walk backwards ! You did well at £440 for four tyres, my quotes range from £129 to £138 each.

His location is in his Name!!!!! Sunny side of Oldham.

Regards Clare

I paid £440 for a set of four and after beating them down to that price got a free 4 wheel alignment done too!

Prices vary national and monthly, so your price may be the best you'll get right now, where you are. (I'm down sowf)

Dave

Golly Gosh, Dave.....you've had a 4 wheel alignment doned !!!!! Does that mean your rear suspension is gonnae fall off ? Does that mean it was you that caused all these recall latters....? LOL.

Big Kev

Here's another fan of the G91s. I have found them to be excellent in all conditions including snow and ice, they are much quieter than knobbly tyres, and they last about 30k miles. Can't see much point in trying anything else unless it's macho looks you're after, but that is not really my kind of thing...

Anyone know which tyres have the longest mileage life, please?

Nearly all on road -gentle braking and acceleration.

My Toyos lasted about 27k but my Michelin Latitude Tours still have plenty of meat at 28k.

My Toyos lasted about 27k but my Michelin Latitude Tours still have plenty of meat at 28k.

What was the price differential when you bought the Michelins?

Anotheer G091 fan here. I put brand new tyres on the front back in November. 11 months later (14,000 miles) later they're at 5.5mm and running very well.

The rears are at 2mm so need replacing. I'll be swapping the fronts to the rears and most likely be getting another pair of G091s.

HOWEVER. I was told recently to always buy American as their tyres have to be guarenteed to 50,000 miles or something like that. As such i was looking at Coopers or General tyres but i'm not convinced. Anyone know anything about this?

WibbleWobbler

What was the price differential when you bought the Michelins?

The Michelins were £130 a corner and the Toyos £92 . Prices included VAT & fitting. The Toyos were bought about 4 years ago , the Michelins about 21 months ago

Having become something of a tyre 'anorak' today I might opt for four Continental winter contacts and put my yokos back on in the spring, the conti's get some brilliant reviews.

Having become something of a tyre 'anorak' today I might opt for four Continental winter contacts and put my yokos back on in the spring, the conti's get some brilliant reviews.

I've read several reports that say that the Contis are really quiet & refined. I was going to fit Contis to our 3-dr but my tyre guy came up with a set of Cooper CS4's at a good price so I went with them. Glad I did as they have turned out to be really good.

On our second set of Bridgestone Duelers on the 5-dr at 79K miles and I must say both sets have been first class.

HOWEVER. I was told recently to always buy American as their tyres have to be guarenteed to 50,000 miles or something like that. As such i was looking at Coopers or General tyres but i'm not convinced. Anyone know anything about this?

WibbleWobbler

Sounds like a rumor Americans would start!!

Dave

WibbleWobbler

Sounds like a rumor Americans would start!!

Dave

Long straight roads, very few roundabouts - quite possible I guess.

Strangely enough, Black Circles do Generals with the exact same tread pattern as the Yoko's I'm having for 20 quid less. (has anyone noticed the pound sign doesn't work?) General are wholly owned by Continental. Would love to put them side by side.

I'll be changing onto my winter Pirelli Scorpions soon but in the spring I think I'll swop out the worn Yokos for Falken Zies 912 Assys.

Be the third season for the Scorpions and still 6mm left on them.

I'll be changing onto my winter Pirelli Scorpions soon but in the spring I think I'll swop out the worn Yokos for Falken Zies 912 Assys.

Be the third season for the Scorpions and still 6mm left on them.

That's what was on wife's 3 door when I picked it up 2 years ago in That Manchester....Pirelli Scorpions, which had the " M & S" lettering on them, which I did not take to be "winter" tyres as such. Point....? Noisiest tyres I have ever experienced. Binned them with TONS of tread still on them. Hardest compound I have ever felt on any tyre too.

Big Kev

50,000 miles wouldn't be unreasonable for all terrain tyres. The AT2's on my Cherokee had about 15mm tread on them. I was so impressed with grabber tyres on that old truck that I've just put a full set on my 4.2.