Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

How Much Fuel Can You Fit In Your Iq?

craggle

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tarquin

• craggle

• aaronfife

• s44gtw

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[

I seem to be getting the better mpg on here then lol? I thought 320-370 the average but tonight there was strong winds coming back from work... We all know what that means :(

Baked beans was it?

Seems like it. Last weeks tank got me 325 miles and cost £36 to fill @ 1.35 a litre. Averaging 60mpg on the faulty computer so probably more. I keep the trip on all the time so I can see what mpg Im currently doing. I usually get between 45-55mpg on a flat motorway... Is everyone else the same? All IQs seem to vary quite drastically :(

The thing is if people are reporting puting more then 32litrs in then either the Toyota stated size is wrong for the tank or the pumps are reading wrong. Or its a temperature issue

David

In my case the fuel was from two different petrol stations and different brand. In both cases fuel was above 32litrs(33litrs and 34 something). The air temperature in Cyprus these days are quite high, around 35 celsious.

The thing is if people are reporting puting more then 32litrs in then either the Toyota stated size is wrong for the tank or the pumps are reading wrong. Or its a temperature issue

David

I agree as the max I can fit in our IQ is 23/24 litres. It usual clicks at 21 litres and managed another 2 litres until it dripped out the cap

The standard tank is 32 litres, (7 gallons) most people can put some up the pipe.

? are you saying that when you can only put in 24 litres, (less than 5.1/2 gallons) there is not still 1 1/2 gallons in the tank?

george

I have regularly put in 31 to 32 liters after doing 100 miles after last bar starts to flash.

You are a very brave man indeed! I get 23 miles after the last bar starts to flash! then 32 litres to fill!

So not sure how people are quoting 34litres Must be be badly calibrated pumps ripping people off.Note on poor fuel gauge, went out tonight 20mile round trip. Started out with 3 bars and 230 miles covered. Got 1mile down the road and lost a bar. 9 miles later still had 2 bars left and had to stop to visit a shop. Came out and started the car, with-in a mile lost another bar and the last one was flashing. Drove home with it flashing for 10 miles So I lost 2 bars and last flashing for ten miles . total distance covered 250 miles. Getting in the car you would expect with 3 bars visible it would be no trouble doing 20 miles without sweating on the way home. The gauge it total Rubbish!!

David

Got to agree with David there about the fuel gauge being rubbish. One would think that a company like Toyota would have a super accurate gauge, especially in a car like the iQ, a so called city car capable of really good mpg.

As for how much can you get in the tank; I was on my way to Welshpool today and at some point on the journey the second bar did a runner and I was left with the flashing one, the trip is about 8 miles, some of it up a very steep hill. At Tesco garage I spent £31.92 (138.9ppl, it's cheaper in Shrewsbury Tesco) and that was 22.98 litres. I also put air in the tyres and was pleased that only a couple of pounds out (measure it on PSI) maximum. That's two weeks between checking. I don't usually let the fuel gauge get below 2 notches (said with a Spanish accent for some reason) and this is the first time for a while this has happened. With the possibility of there being anything from 23 to much less miles range when it starts to flash, I don't want to end up at the side of the road walking to go get some fuel.

I think the best thing Mr. T could do is to retrofit a better system -software upgrade or something else more drastic- to the car so we can monitor what's left in the tank with the accuracy of an anologue fuel gauge.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links