Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Water Level 2.0D4D

calamara

Good afternoon everybody,

To be perfectly honest, i'm not sure if there is a problem or not, but here goes,....I have a 2007 2.0 d4d,with only 35k miles, i've had the car over 2years and love it to death, never a problem, so me and the missus decided we would drive to Spain for a few weeks, which is where I am now, posting this,....I feel so proud of my toyota cruising down through France at 80mph getting 53mpg no probs, before we left,the level in the expansion tank was on L and allways has been,never had to top up at all. When I checked the levels a few days after we got here,...the level had risen to H,....is this because I had the heater valve closed, therefore no flow through the heater radiator?..the engine runs perfectly, oil level hardly dropped, maybe one eighth of inch.

Thanks.

What fluid level exactly are you checking?? Did you check when the engine was still hot or when it had cooled down??

If an engine has been run for quite a while at high rev's the coolant in the expansion tank will read high. Get a sniffer test done on the HG...

Sorry for the delay in replying,....its the water level, I checked it after stationary for 2 days...cold.

Mistermena,...I think I can safely say I never drive the car at high revs,...even at 75-80mph in 5/6th its nowhere near 3000rpm.

There is no contamination, water in oil or vica versa.

Thanks.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links