Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

3Zz-Fe Help?!

gaz25

Hi guys, new to the forum today having just bought myself a Corolla T3 1.6 VVTI. Having a problem that hopefully somebody on here can help me with!

I replaced the inlet manifold as the old one had the dreaded rattle. I put everything back together the way it should be, checked and double-checked it, then started my car. The engine starts and idles at 1200 rpm, the climbs to nearly 1600 and stays there, even once the engine's up to operating temperature!

Thinking this was an Idle control valve problem, i tried to take it off and clean it, only to find that i could not separate it. So, i bought a new throttle body and replaced that in the correct way, draining the coolant and re-filling once new throttle body is fitted. The car runs exactly the same!

I cannot find any vacuum leaks and have no check engine lights, nothing shows up on my code reader either, i'm totally stumped!!!!

Hopefully someone will have more suggestions for places to look? I'm out of ideas completely!

Reset the ecu by taking the Battery off for 10 mins.

The car will then still rev as described, you have to drive it a good 100 milesfor the ecu to now learn whats going on and adjust the settings

Thanks for the reply. I tried that with the last throttle body and it made no difference, suppose it's worth a try with this one aswell seeing as it's a different unit. I'll give it a go and get back to you. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Problem solved Steven, corrected itself after about 20 miles of driving. Help much appreciated! :)

Problem solved Steven, corrected itself after about 20 miles of driving. Help much appreciated! :)

:thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links