Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Time For A Change.

Feral Rabbit

Well I've had the Rav T180 for about 8 weeks now and I must say (apart from the noisy clutch bearing) I am quite impressed with the car, especially the pulling power from 2000 rpm. New clutch system and dsm flywheel being fitted next Monday so hopefully it'll be a lot quieter.

The real problem, for me is, I am completely underwhelmed with some of the dash illumination. I hate the yellow colour of the heater/aircon control area which doesn't seem to go with the classier speedo, rev counter area. It just looks so dated that I am tempted, if possible, to swap out the colour scheme.

My question is can the bulbs be swapped out and if so does anyone know the types of bulbs, numbers etc used so I can source alternatives. I was going to try and find some led bulds (as these come in many colours of the rainbow)

Any help would be gratefully received.

Martin

I'm sure I've read this on one of the US forums and it isn't easy. I think you are looking at unsoldering the led's and resoldering new ones (I think the US guy did blue) but then you are looking at doing the whole dash as well.

Thanks Anchorman.

Soldering? well that's a bummer. I'll go and have a look at the US site anyway.

If that's what's needed I may have to try and find an auto electrician who will take up the task as my diy skills are not up to that. Otherwise I think I'll just have to put up with the old yellow. Was really hoping it'd be bulbs that you pull out. :(

Thanks guys.

If that's what's needed I may have to try and find an auto electrician who will take up the task as my diy skills are not up to that. Otherwise I think I'll just have to put up with the old yellow. Was really hoping it'd be bulbs that you pull out. :(

Thanks guys.

Yeah, put me off too.....................