Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Problems After New O2 Sensors Fitted

kevinvic

I will try and explain briefly what is going on in the hope that someone can point me in the right direction as nobody at the garage can figure this out!

1) I ran the car, 2004 rav4 vvti, for several months with the check engine light on. The car still ran perfectly but I decided that it was time to get them changed.

2) Two sensors were replaced and the light went out, so far so good.

3) The following day the light came back on so the car went back to the garage. Sensors had been fitted correctly but they noticed that the car had not received the ecr upgrade so this was done.

4) Car then drove like a bag of s**t, no power and stuttered. When check engine light eventually came back on the ca ran ok but the minute I disabled the co to turn the light our the car lost power again

5)Car went back to garage and the upgrade was removed but I am still left with the problem of the check engine light coming on and then going off for a few days and then coming back on etc.

6)My car is currently being monitored by bluetooth and has so far thrown up the following codes, p0032, p2238 and p0420.

Not sure if it is related but I seem to hear a whistling noise when the engine is idling.

Hope someone can assist

Cheers

Kev

Those faults all are to do with bank 1. Two for the top sensor and one for the cat. Which sensors were changed? You may want to have a read of this thread that I photocopied and posted from a sunday paper about P0420 in reply to a question.

http://www.toyotaown...opic=136112&hl=

• 2 months later...

Regarding the sensors, I replaced the bottom two as diagnostics pointed to them however light was still on.

Tested the top two and they are dead so changed them, now the light is out

However when you clutch in, the car can just cut out on you sometimes, any pointers as to what this might be

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links