Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk 4 1998 Not Got Much Power

stephen_2991

hello everyone just joined to day so hello :) btw i was looking around google on things that might make my pickup not have a lot of power and come across this ive had a read to try and finds somthing that would or could help but found nothing so if anyone could help me i would be very happy since it drinking fuel but not much power i have a 2.4 turbo 2-l-t 1998 for a start it dose get hot if going up hills and if driven a long while seems to get rather warm its had a new thermerstat and coolant made it a bit better not much tho so any help on that would be thankful to :) and then theres the power it dosnt seem to go its not slow slow but not fast or pulling well its had new air fliter fuel fliter made no diffrence and cant see if any thing is in the wrong place and so on so ive turned to asking other people lol so if anyone can help i would be very happy and great full thanks stephen

hello everyone just joined to day so hello :) btw i was looking around google on things that might make my pickup not have a lot of power and come across this ive had a read to try and finds somthing that would or could help but found nothing so if anyone could help me i would be very happy since it drinking fuel but not much power i have a 2.4 turbo 2-l-t 1998 for a start it dose get hot if going up hills and if driven a long while seems to get rather warm its had a new thermerstat and coolant made it a bit better not much tho so any help on that would be thankful to :) and then theres the power it dosnt seem to go its not slow slow but not fast or pulling well its had new air fliter fuel fliter made no diffrence and cant see if any thing is in the wrong place and so on so ive turned to asking other people lol so if anyone can help i would be very happy and great full thanks stephen

Is it using any coolant Stephen ?

The 2.4 is a bit prone to head trouble.

Ask on the Hilux forum, see you there :D

http://www.hpoc.co.uk/index.php

Does it smoke much under power ?

no smokes on start up when cold dont smoke when under load

The 2.4s aren`t very powerful or economical to start with Stephen and yours is quite leggy so if the turbo is working ok I don`t know what else to suggest other than running a can of BG 244 through the fuel system.

The 2.4s aren`t very powerful or economical to start with Stephen and yours is quite leggy so if the turbo is working ok I don`t know what else to suggest other than running a can of BG 244 through the fuel system.

ok do you no if blanking the egr valve is best as it is or blank it of thanks

Believe it or not I`ve never had any dealings with egrs, best ask on HPOC

which part on hpoc should i ask on as im not sure thanks

The Technical section would be best

http://www.hpoc.co.uk/community/index.php?showforum=2

The Technical section would be best

http://www.hpoc.co.u...php?showforum=2

thanks

hi there

check with:

- EGR clogging up;

- flexibility of turbo variable vanes;

- MAF sensor;

- vacuum attachment on the turbo + its vacuum tube;

- air filter.

regards / Igor

i wasnt sure if the mk4 actually has any sensors to control fueling at all?

as for the egr, if you think about it, how well would you run if you had to breath a percentage of already used oxygen,

i would say blank it off personally