Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Seat Belt Alarm

Haseeb18

Hello all. I removed my drivers and passenger seats from my 2005 Hatchback Corolla yesterday to give them a good clean. I had disconnected the Battery when i removed the airbag wiring from the bottom. When i put the seats back in i made sure i connected the wires back properly and then put in the four bolts. However, now when i drive the drivers seat does not detect me sitting on it and it no longer beeps or flashes when i do not have the seat belt on, but the passenger seat does detect when a person is sitting on it and beeps and flashes when that seat belt is not on.

What could be the problem here? I have double checked the wiring under the drivers seat and all seems fine?

Any help would be appreciated!

Does sound like a poor wiring connection somewhere,as one side is working ok.

maybe if you disconnected the battry again for a short time,this may reset something.

Wiring on modern cars are so much thinner than earlier ones and are easely damaged.

talking to a technician at a local Toyota dealers and he said even they have trouble at times with damaging wiring when working on stuff.

Thanks for your reply.

I have doubled checked the wiring under the seat and it all seems to be firmly in place... I tried disconnecting the Battery and left the car for 10 minutes but it still doesnt work!

Could it be a blown fuse somewhere? :ermm: