Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is This The Dreaded Head Gasket Failing?

DG2.2

Ive got a 2005 d4d 2.2 diesel with just over 60,000 miles - just recently the heater has been blowing hot (initially) on 25 and then after about an hour blows colder - when I crank up the temperature to 27 it blows hot.

Ive checked the fluid and Im not losing any and I dont have any of the white spots on the housing and the colour of the coolant looks Ok. Do I take it to my local dealerand ask about the HG issue or is this something that is common with the AC ?

I have full Toyota service , the last full service was about a month ago.

When my head gasket went it wouldn't blow hot until i topped up the coolant. Then when the coolant dropped enough the same would happen. Also, the temperature gauge would start to creep up. Might be worth asking the dealer. When was the car registered in 2005? 7 year extended warrantly on head gasket issues.

My coolant level hasnt moved from the upper one ( when cold ) and I do check it quite often and the temp gauge stays at just below 1/2 and doesnt move at all

My coolant level hasnt moved from the upper one ( when cold ) and I do check it quite often and the temp gauge stays at just below 1/2 and doesnt move at all

Sounds more like a problem with the aircon/heater.

Pete.