Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Slow To Get Going

CBFL30

Hi I have just brought a T3 X D-4D 2.2. Its on a 56 plate and done 170k I have never owned a Toyota before but when I test drove it I couldn't believe how smooth it drove, but it seemed to take forever to pick up and respond to the right foot. once it got going it was fine. Is this common on these or is it why you have to clean the EGR valve, or could it be injectors etc or some thing else. Also has any one put any fuel cleaner through their engines and is it worth doing on these. If any one has any response would be great to hear.

they are quite slow off the line but in-gear acceleration in 3rd etc. is good.

The turbo doesn't really start kicking in until ~1800rpm & the power band is quite narrow.

& it is quite possible that the EGR is crudded up a bit.

BG244 ftw :)

Ok thanks, as I said I'm new to these engines is it possible to find any information on where the EGR is and is there any points worth knowing on the best way to go about cleaning it.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links