Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Exhaust Backbox

big u

hi all i have recently replaced my backbox on corrola verso 2003 and sounds like a boy racer big bore which i do not want it was a straight swap from grays exhaust centre they said it will quieter in time which thought was b####s any ideas??????

I don't think I've ever heard of an exhaust getting quieter with time... :rolleyes:

Are you able to take it somewhere else for a second opinion?

• 3 months later...

Hi, we've likewise had this issue on our 2001 Verso (changed by Kwik fit). Despite having had three back boxes (all allegedly from different suppliers) fitted over the past 12 months it still sounds like a sports exhaust, but with an inverse effect of a sports exhaust on performance. K fit have also tried the "it'll get quieter in a few weeks when some soot builds up on the internal baffles).

My conclusion, inspite of the cost it seems only an OE one will not strangle performance and be as quiet as the original.

Can't wait until I can afford an OE one and get that fitted.

It's mostly the missus who drives it and she swears blind that this back box is also working the engine harder and the car is using more petrol than before.

BTW - Was this the first replacement to the OE exhaust on yours as well ?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links