Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wish Me Luck Or At Least A Dry Day

Today is the day Ravii gets its wash and if it stays dry, the tin of 30 year old green turtle wax will get fished out of the back of the garage along with the roll of cheese cloth I purchased at the same time and applied to Ravii. I will pay particular attention to the grill to keep certain forum members happy! :-)

Gus

Today is the day Ravii gets its wash and if it stays dry, the tin of 30 year old green turtle wax will get fished out of the back of the garage along with the roll of cheese cloth I purchased at the same time and applied to Ravii. I will pay particular attention to the grill to keep certain forum members happy! :-)

Gus

I will be with you at least in spirit, Old One.......if I sense you are using a sponge, you will suddenly have 4 punctures....go get a microfibre mit at least. Big secret to not having swirlies and scratches is to PROPERLY rinse it first. Chamois leather also banned.

Big Kev

Some pics of the old girl would be nice to see when finished :driving:

Taffters.....totally perverse request.....if you had seen my wi.....oh, you mean the car...? Sorry...

Don't forget the yard broom for the roof and the Scotchbrite pads for the dried on bird droppings.....................

I have a non scratch scotchbrite (I affectionately call it Kev) for the grill, I hadn't thought of the brush for the roof, I have used it on the roof before to clear the snow off after a particularly heavy snowfall down here (about 1cm). I understand you need an acidic cleaner for the wheels, so I borrowed some sulphuric acid for that. Any other tips you can think off?

Gus

Edit: just found the sponge, it had fallen on the floor under the shelf unit by the lawn mower a quick shake and it looks as good as new, apart from the black stain on it and a hole in the middle.

Looks like myself and Big Kev will have to come down to "sunny Berkshire", to give you a basic lesson on the pleasures of detailing,Gus.

You pay the flights, we do the rest for nowt!!!!

Regards Clare

Clare I will post a picture for you later, I now have the brushed steel look grill.... I picked up the wrong scouring pad - it wasn't the non scratch one, after I had started thought I had better carry on for the complete look :-)

All done, washed & polished, then a big bird with terminal dysentery deposited a load on the roof, always blooming happens to me.

Gus

Clare I will post a picture for you later, I now have the brushed steel look grill.... I picked up the wrong scouring pad - it wasn't the non scratch one, after I had started thought I had better carry on for the complete look :-)

All done, washed & polished, then a big bird with terminal dysentery deposited a load on the roof, always blooming happens to me.

Gus

Waste of time fetching the toilet paper to wipe.....it'll be miles away by now.....

lol! I spent 3 hours on mine this morning!!! I also paid close attention to the chrome bits. I thought it was destined to rain after doing such a big clean but it seems to have held off. I might post a few pics for the resident chromophiles! ;)

Not one to "topic jack" so will just drop this taster in. I'll put the rest in a thread of their own... :)

IMAG0622-1.jpg

Very nice Ben. Well spent 3 hours. So you'll be doing rest of car tomorrow then.....................

Very nice Ben. Well spent 3 hours. So you'll be doing rest of car tomorrow then.....................

Yeah, that was just the grill. :P

I did stop half way through though as my finer half furnished me with a monster of a bacon and sausage roll. Gotta love her! :)

Doesn,t the Chrome Grille look a 100 times better than the old style one? Come on Guys I know I,ve got a thing about it but I saw one yesterday on the new Hilux and the difference is outstanding.

Regards Obsessive Chrome Grille Disordered Clare

I washed my wife's RAV today too - so bound to rain tomorrow!

David

Doesn,t the Chrome Grille look a 100 times better than the old style one? Come on Guys I know I,ve got a thing about it but I saw one yesterday on the new Hilux and the difference is outstanding.

'fraid I can't agree, Clare. I find chrome really off-putting, makes cars especially look cheap. Backward step,IMHO.

'fraid I can't agree, Clare. I find chrome really off-putting, makes cars especially look cheap. Backward step,IMHO.

That'll be why BMW, Audi, Mercedes, Rolls Royce etc... use it then. Bargain basement brands.

Each to their own taste though, if we all liked the same thing then the world would be very boring.

BMW-convertible-3.jpg

audi_s3_grill.jpg

2012-mercedes-c350-front-quarter-623x389.jpg

2012RollsRoycePhantomS2.jpg

Taffters.....totally perverse request.....if you had seen my wi.....oh, you mean the car...? Sorry...

Lmao! :doctor:

Now, now me old mukka! I'm off to find some pic's of my old girl now! B4 I rubbed her down with an oil oily rag :blow:

I have to agree with this.

It was only after the last facelift of the RAV4 that I considered getting one. The "old look" RAV4.3 was, to me, although a very good car, a retrograde step in appearance and enough to put me off. (the reprofiled bonnet with its strakes on the face lifted model also makes the front look a lot more purposeful)

That'll be why BMW, Audi, Mercedes, Rolls Royce etc... use it then. Bargain basement brands.

Each to their own taste though, if we all liked the same thing then the world would be very boring.

BMW-convertible-3.jpg

audi_s3_grill.jpg

2012-mercedes-c350-front-quarter-623x389.jpg

2012RollsRoycePhantomS2.jpg

Doesn't make it right though. BMW in particular offer de-chroming as a no-cost option. But, you're correct: to each, his own. If you like chrome, then go for it!

Quality chrome, tastefully done is great. It can get out of hand and soon be OTT. Case below is a prime example...

chrysler-pt-cruiser-chrome-rims.jpg

I do like a bit of bright work when tastefully done and the RAV4 is just right I think.

when I had my Qashqai I frequented the Qashqai owners club and there is a guy on there who went a leeeeetle bit too far on the chrome add-ons (IMO). Must have stuck on about 100Kg of chromed plastic to his car. 10% of it looked good .....

I'm with you on this one Jim - My XT5 is ALL black on the outside and I really like it, particularly when it is clean. The only thing, IMHO, that would improve the car is a completely black interior. I think that the grey carpets and dash just take the edge of the interior. Guess that the dash and carpets have to work with several interior colour schemes so I'm unlikely to ever get my ideal motor!