Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Considering An Upgrade To A 2010 Avensis 2.2 D4D D Cat

SAM LOVERS HER TOYOTAS

Hi All

We'll be viewing a 2010 Toyota Avensis 2.2 d4d T Spirit D Cat saloon this week...just wondering what i/we should look out for? It already has 60k on it but a full toyota history.

Sorry if i sound silly...but what does D Cat mean?

Are there any COMMON faults i should be aware of?

I'm also concerned that we may be the owner at its 1ST M.O.T, should i have any concerns with 60k already done?

We currently have the 2006 1.6 Corolla which i really love, just straight forward motoring!!! BUT my partner really wants to upgrade now that we have our 3rd child and he has his heart set on the new shape Avensis BUT i'm really concerned as we previously had a 2001 Avensis 1.8 petrol which gave us hell for the year that we had it but this next one he wants is costing us a lot more £££...i'm a little worried...PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!

Sammy

Hi Sam,

Bit surprised no ones answered your posts in either forum.

As to your previous Avensis, think its safe to say you had a real Pup there, and would doubt you will get a 2010 model with the same problems.

Haven't followed the new Avensis regarding any current problems, but think a lot depends on who you are buying it from.

At 60K in 2 years it sounds like either a company/lease or hire car, if its the latter I would avoid as it will have had so many different drivers.

Genuine company cars with just the one driver can be good buys, looking at the interior can guide you as to how they treated the car.

Who are you buying it from ? a Toyota or other main dealer or private ?

You are well protected from by the main dealers warranty, but private , buyer beware.

If it is private really need to check things fully, hpi check and you could also use the AA/RAC engineers check over.happy hunting !

Hi Sam,

Bit surprised no ones answered your posts in either forum.

As to your previous Avensis, think its safe to say you had a real Pup there, and would doubt you will get a 2010 model with the same problems.

Haven't followed the new Avensis regarding any current problems, but think a lot depends on who you are buying it from.

At 60K in 2 years it sounds like either a company/lease or hire car, if its the latter I would avoid as it will have had so many different drivers.

Genuine company cars with just the one driver can be good buys, looking at the interior can guide you as to how they treated the car.

Who are you buying it from ? a Toyota or other main dealer or private ?

You are well protected from by the main dealers warranty, but private , buyer beware.

If it is private really need to check things fully, hpi check and you could also use the AA/RAC engineers check over.happy hunting !

Thanks oldcodger,

Starting to get better responses on the Avensis forums now...bless them...but thought i'd post it here too.

You've made us think about what you said " At 60K in 2 years it sounds like either a company/lease or hire car"...how do i find out?Ask to see the logbook maybe? Its from a car sales place but not a Toyota dealers. All i know is it has a full toyota history, 1 owner, and in as new condition literally, its just come in so its being washed and waxed at present before we can go see it.

I'm still nervous as hell but we need a larger car so we have to make the move, he's surprised me, i was still thinking of vinyl wrapping my rolla the other week lol.

We'll see how it goes this week...60k is a bit high hey for a 2 year old diesel?

Hi Sam,

Just been reading your other thread in the Avensis forum, all sounds positive plus as they say you have at least 1 years Toytoa warranty, possibly another 3 years if its covered by the 5 year one.

Parked up alongside on newish Avensis today, yes they are that couple of foot longer so plenty of space inside.

As to the car and dealer, you need to see the service book and check the Toyota dealers stamps and if they were the same one each time.

It sounds like a reps / lease car which has done a load of mway miles so 60k should be nothing to a car like that.

Even my old 2000 1.8 petrol Avensis did 150K+.Have a good long look around it, take a good long test drive around town and up to 70 on a but of open road /mway to ensure it sound at speed.

Check the log book and it will show who the previous owner was, you will have to see if they are likely to be a company who do daily / weekly hire - then I would probably avoid, plenty of other cars around, and if you say that ones too good a price to miss, then why ?

If the dealer says the books are locked away in the safe and cannot get them etc etc just walk away as he is trying to hide something.

Hi Sam,

Just been reading your other thread in the Avensis forum, all sounds positive plus as they say you have at least 1 years Toytoa warranty, possibly another 3 years if its covered by the 5 year one.

Parked up alongside on newish Avensis today, yes they are that couple of foot longer so plenty of space inside.

As to the car and dealer, you need to see the service book and check the Toyota dealers stamps and if they were the same one each time.

It sounds like a reps / lease car which has done a load of mway miles so 60k should be nothing to a car like that.

Even my old 2000 1.8 petrol Avensis did 150K+.Have a good long look around it, take a good long test drive around town and up to 70 on a but of open road /mway to ensure it sound at speed.

Check the log book and it will show who the previous owner was, you will have to see if they are likely to be a company who do daily / weekly hire - then I would probably avoid, plenty of other cars around, and if you say that ones too good a price to miss, then why ?

If the dealer says the books are locked away in the safe and cannot get them etc etc just walk away as he is trying to hide something.

THANKS for the advice Oldcodger, don't know what i'd do without you, you give me so much to think about, i must find out who the previous owner was, if i see a company name or if i feel it was business related in anyway i'l lbe sure to give them a ring first!!! Definitely dont want a rental car! And yes they are lovely and spacious...suits us to the "T", thought about the Verso but the other half won't live down a 7 seater lol, he'll be using it more anyway, i'll just have to get used to it lol. Will keep you updated. :bye:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links