Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Modified Brakes Squeal Fix - Part Number Required

AURISTR01

The annoying brake squeal from the front brakes. When the brakes are warm the brake squeal appears and it sounds like a bus stopping.

At first I thought its a build up of brake dust, so I stripped the front brakes cleaned and greased the back of the pads it went quiet for 2-3 days.

Using mintex pads and blue print discs, have used mintex pads before never had an issue.

I do understand its a common problem, is there some sort of fix Toyota have made modified brake part etc because it lets the car down other than this issue the car is spot on :(

Would appreciate if anybody can help?

Thanks

well, Toyota would say that you aren't using Toyota discs or pads so not their problem ....

On the other hand Mintex pads do seem to have a rep for squealing ...

If you were running standard pads they changed the design and pad material to combat this. You could try a new fitting kit see if that cures it

Alex

My original Toyota brakes (2008 car) had some problems with squealing, not had a chirp since changing to MTEC discs and Mintex pads all round, been on for approx 20,000 miles. Doesn't really help with your current problem though!

The squeaking comes from the material used to manufacture the pads, for example if you have too much aluminium / steel shavings in the pads due to a change in the design to make the pads safer - making the compound harder and not having enough asbestos, will cause the pads to squeal, it's normal and annoying - it doesn't mean your pads are gone... but it is extremely irritating... Give Toyota OEM pads a go, they should keep the car squeak-free.

not having enough asbestos

As far as I know, there is no asbestos used when manufacturing brake pads anymore.

Modern pads are a complex mix of resins and fibres, no asbestos as mentioned. Toyota are not alone when it comes to squeaky pads, we demand far more from our brakes these days, they need to work hard the moment you touch them right down to the bottom of a long hill, without fade and without too much dust

They do appear to have got it right with the latest pads, although there is not one set of pads for Auris, there are several types. If anybody needs a set, PM me your registration number and I can price them for you

Kingo :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links