Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rf Transmitters

steveje

Hi I'm new to the owners club, Could anyone tell me what an RF Transmitter is please? The manual with my Auris advises not to use one, does that mean that i shouldnt use an fm transmitter with my ipod?

Thanks

RF just means "Radio Frequency", so it means any transmitter, including FM.

So in theory, no, you shouldn't use the FM one.

However, they probably really mean ones that are much higher power and I can't see the really very low power ipod FM ones doing much harm if it's not too close to anything critical (engine control, ABS, airbag ECU (Electronic Control Unit)).

During development, ECUs and vehicles are effectively tested along side very high power transmissions, which they have to work through, so I can see it being a problem (I work in ECU design/development).

Try it, if it causes a problem, stop using it. I'm not approving its use with these statements, just offering advice :thumbsup:

welcome to TOC!

thanks for the reply shcm, I spoke to the garage i bought the car from and they said not to use it but i suspect they were just covering themselves. I'm going to look into a wired solution instead