Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

How Many Ravs ?

silly sausage

On my first Toyota (4.3 Rav 2.2 D4D) but dream of replacing my LR Disco with an LC to make us a two-Toyota family!

Only trouble is, I think I'd have to get the big beasty to get the same towing weight. If the LC is a big version of the Rav I'd have to get one (it would have to be an old one though, they hold their price far too well!!)

Dave

PS deffo would buy another Rav in the blink of an eye. But why would it ever need replacing?!? Should be good for 200k!!

I found the LC to be a comfortable motorway cruiser but didn't handle anywhere near as well as a RAV. I had a manual version but would go for an automatic if I ever bought one again. The LC price seems to have increased dramatically for a new one and I think the RAV makes more sense for me now. I bought the LC for the extra seats but as soon as I did my children stopped coming on holiday with me anyway!!

David

I hope that by Tuesday evening we should have some photos of said Vermillion Red Rav4 adorning the Forum,

Regards Clare

Had eight Ravs since 1997 but didn't like no. 8 with cr*p clunky steering and no help off dealer [2006 XT4] so I stole no. 7 [2005 XTR] off SWMBO and got her an Urban Cruiser D4D instead. Sons have 2001 Rav and 1997 Corolla. The longest serving Rav was a 1999 5dr Freesport which managed 112k trouble free miles before being sold to a gent who exported it to sunnier climes. From all that I suppose you could maybe say we like them? No more Ravs though, not keen on the later ones as they are too big and seem to have lost the spark of the 4.2s and 4.3s. U/C is great though, just needs a spare wheel or a space saver.

I hope that by Tuesday evening we should have some photos of said Vermillion Red Rav4 adorning the Forum,

Regards Clare

On call this week so working lates. Will be working until quite late tonight.

Going first thing in the morning then might get chance for an odd snap but might be much later in the week or even next week the way things are working out.

I would / will buy another Rav.. Love the versatility and economy.. Will wait till the new model arrives though..

On second Rav and always buy Toyota

daughter had a Yaris until left for US of A

lIke Don had old Carina which did many miles and my son still drives s reg Corolla which has done 138000 miles and going strong and paint work still looks superb

love the comfort and flexibility of the Rav so easy to get in and out!

Look forward to seeing the new Don Rav picture

73 corolla sl

74 celica st

74 carina

77 carina

83 celica

86 corolla gt

91 corolla gti

97 rav 4.1

02 rav4.2 + 09 iq3 current pair

and

my dad had 2 crowns

my mum on 3rd corolla

Had 6 corolla's , 2 carina's , starlet, Camry, hilux pick up, Lexus is200, lexus gs300, and still have a Rav 4, Mr2, Lexus Rx 400h and daughter has a yaris, we love toyota's/ lexus and would buy nothing else, had a vw golf Gti once worst car ever owned, only had a few months and got rid. So reliable and well built.

73 corolla sl

74 celica st

74 carina

77 carina

83 celica

86 corolla gt

91 corolla gti

97 rav 4.1

and

my dad had 2 crowns

my mum on 3rd corolla

74 Celica ST - Gen 1. Bet you wish you still owned that.

For me it was a toss up between that and a Datsun 1800SSS. I made a mistake LoL.

Not a fan of the '83 Gen 3 though.

My Favourite car was the 4th Gen Celica GT-4 (had 1989 reg one)

Only sold it as got a 160MPH Bike for thrills instead. Wished I kept it :(

74 celica st

For me it was a toss up between that and a Datsun 1800SSS. I made a mistake LoL.

73 corolla sl

74 celica st

74 carina

77 carina

83 celica

86 corolla gt

91 corolla gti

97 rav 4.1

and

my dad had 2 crowns

my mum on 3rd corolla

yes the 83 celica was a bit on the slow side , but it was 7th hand , and i had to put an import replacement engine in it. the corolla GT was a proper flyer though.

5.... mk1 Yaris's ( Various colours and fuels )

1.... Land Cruiser Colorado

1 Petrol 4.2 Rav4

1 Deisel 4.2 Rav4 ( Current Vehicle )

All in about 10 years ! !

Would i have another Toyota......mmmm,As Dominic said,if land cruisers can clock up 300'000 miles with very few issues,thats good enough for me.

I just wish toyota would return the Rav4 to more of a rugged shape.

Still got number 1 RAV, bought from new in 1994.

And number 2 RAV (a 1994 pal for number 1) is nearing 100,000 miles.

The 1994 Previa bought from new was sold but am trying to locate it to buy it back. The R regy Previa was sold.

On my second Rav.

Started with a 2005 Diesel XT-R and have just sold it and bought a 2009 Diesel XT-R

Still have a 1995 Surf in the family.

Previously had 2 x Hilux single cab AWD pick-ups as workhorses. First was an old blue F reg, second was a 1995 M reg in red and I still see it going about the roads locally, looking great, with it's current owner.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links