Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Buying New....

silly sausage

There seems to be some money being splashed around among some of you folks at the moment, having just got or just ordered new Ravs !

So, I was wondering how tough you are when it comes to getting the right deal ? When we bought our Landcruiser we did a deal over the phone with a dealer in Glasgow, after a night in a hotel north of the border and factoring in five hundred miles of fuel costs etc the saving was still in the region of £700 over the next nearest deal.

When we bought our current Rav last September we found a dealer in Wigan who offered us either Decuma grey or Tyrol silver from their own stock and the deal was a staggering £1300 cheaper than we were offered locally, this was part exchanging a two and a half year old Rav.

Any bargains been had ?

Yes......bargains out there now that 4.3 is in run-out mode. I did my own sums re what my current SR180 is worth NOW, what it will be worth in April next year when new model launches (FRIGHTENING), and what would the new one I have just ordered depreciate by under same circumstances. Ya know what....could not give an excrement....am currently trying to phone some very prematurely dead mates to see how long they will keep up this charade, or are they actually dead.....?

Much as I am a "Toyota Fan" (WTF is that......?), I will let them launch the new model and have somebody else get the "new model gremlins". Let's face it, they have had the odd problem, que?

Didnae put me off buying the fixed version, and 5 years warranty is most appealful.

Input of Hoovie, Anchorman, and Brains shcm appreciated in helping me empty ma bank account. Don't know RRG at Macclesfield, don't need to.....their service over phone and email has been exemplary. (Will not name Mike Gregson for fear of him blushing.)

Big Kev :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Might give RRG another try when we come to swap again, the service department at RRG Rochdale are brilliant but I've not yet managed to deal with sales and get the figures right. Is the new model definately launching next April ?

Stick with the Macclesfield RRG, going on Anchs and Dons experience, they seem to be Top Dollar. A friend of mine in Oldham "tried " to buy a New Rav4 from the Rochdale showroom and they never responded after the first approach ( She ended up getting a CRV from the local Honka dealer.. Stick with where the "experts" buy from.

Regards Clare

I got a good deal on mine 3 years ago. In total I got around 14% off the Rav price and I got £500 more for my trade in than anyone else.

I don't do all this "see my manager" carp. I go in and I 'offer' to part-ex and buy at the price I want. I say, if it can be done here and now, I'll sign. If not, no problem I'll go elsewhere. It has worked well so far, and I had 'done the deal' for my Rav in 25mins.

I thought about chipping it in 6months ago, but I have grown attached to it. It's taken me all over Europe. Now it's 3 years old I'll do all the servicing and it should go to 200k (that's my target mileage). I'd love Toyota to build a Rav-LC cross over, but can't see it happening.

If your in the market for a new Rav now, get out there and get one. Take advantage of the 0% offer.

You will never get as much trading in as you could if you waited for the right private buyer. However, the price I have been given is fair. They have also knocked quite a considerable sum off the new one so it's swings and roundabouts. If I factor in depreciation I don't feel like I have lost much money considering I am getting the current model with all the toys and a 5 year warranty.

I have never been one for PCP deals but the current deal takes the deposit out of the trade in and enough money to pay the final installment is put back into your bank account. You just pay your depreciation as you go.

You have to be disciplined in making sure that money is still there in 3 years. I'm lucky in that I could pay it now but I'm quite happy for TGB to keep my ISA's topped up and I can invest the final payment for 3 years!

If anyone is thinking of doing it, now is the time because as sure as eggs are eggs that zero interest will go as soon as the new model comes. I did think about the new model but will decide on that in 3 years.

I agree on the trade-in price. I just CBA with oiks coming to the house. I'd rather take the hit and trade it in, job done.

Nice one Anc's, the deal is right or you. I reckon you'll have the new model inside 24months :-)

I agree on the trade-in price. I just CBA with oiks coming to the house. I'd rather take the hit and trade it in, job done.

Nice one Anc's, the deal is right or you. I reckon you'll have the new model inside 24months :-)

"CBA".....took me a wee while....stonker....respeck.....when the interest free deal was explained to me by him above,

it was a no brainer, and saved me talking to all kinds of rectums (recti....?) who seem to go on eBay and suddenly develop severe numerical dyslexia. (No disrespect intended.)Will never try to sell privately again, especially through that medium.

Big Kev

I'm hoping that changing before the 3 years is up is punishable by a damn good thrashing then imprisonment. Hopefully that will stop me from this OCD new car thing.

Besides I think I would have to work out which of the back seats will have the loo conversion because I will defo end up living in it.

Why can't I shake this mental image of Don and Kev having perfectly servicable 5 min old cars, with bits hanging off and empty tins and bottles of wax-oyl and jetseal littered around, oh and not forgetting the gleaming grills to tease Clare.

Gus

Why can't I shake this mental image of Don and Kev having perfectly servicable 5 min old cars, with bits hanging off and empty tins and bottles of wax-oyl and jetseal littered around, oh and not forgetting the gleaming grills to tease Clare.

Gus

Tried to order similar model to yours, Gusto, but they have discontinued the optional chain-link fence due to access difficulty reported.....bloody Toyota....!!!!

Gus

Tried to order similar model to yours, Gusto, but they have discontinued the optional chain-link fence due to access difficulty reported.....!Removed! Toyota....!!!!

You could always put it in a pair of fencenet tights - would achieve a similar effect :rolleyes:

No time for rabbiting - off to work shortly;

IMG_0888.jpg

IMG_0888.jpg

So it'll be known hererafter as MAGS then...................

Very Nice ! I love that colour, We have one Tyrol and one Decuma, boring....! Our Rav is known as Peggy ( PE 61......) and the LC as.... well ST10, make your own mind up as to the relevance of a sexually transmitted infection. The Mother-in-laws Micra starts with BJ which for a 74 year old is most inappropiate... :wacko:

IMG_0888.jpg

So it'll be known hererafter as MAGS then...................

It's very very nice, but isn't it the wrong colour to be called "Mags"? :unsure:

wonderful color, in Italy we haven't that's kind.

One word to describe it " wonderful"

Regards Clare

Ah will need to go get some aluminium paint....still not sure about these bloomin' darkened alloys, which were instrumental in my choosing Decuma Grey, thinking they would blend / match / look better. Not long until I find out.......mostly looking forward to auto gearbox as got major problem with sciatica.........

Sciatica....ah blame ma shoes.....they're a size 9.....see ah take a 10......copyright me and Chic Murray.

IMG_0888.jpg

Looks Naked without Side Steps . . . And Roof rails . . . And Mud Flaps

IMG_0888.jpg

Looks Naked without Side Steps . . . And Roof rails . . . And Mud Flaps

Yep, needs some work, Don. Excellent basis to work from though. Like the colour (pity about that grille though).

Certainly looks like it has more ground clearance/ride height without the side steps.

Will take some better pics soon. The work will start soon. Tomorrow it gets blathered in tetrasyl wax underneath and the mudflaps will follow asap (they are in the boot).No roof rails planned and at this stage, no steps. It will get additional boot lighting and the usual bumper protector. Here is the original;

RAV4.jpgIMG_1386.jpg

The finish on this seems every bit as good;

IMG_0887.jpg