Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Iq3 - Newbie

Phi

Hello,

I have just bought a IQ3 and have a few questions:

1. Saving Radio Stations

I have tried and found a thread that already asked this, and it mentioned holding the mode button until it beeps twice. However when I try to do this the radio just turns off and then on again - are there any other hints?

2. Fuel

Do IQ's have the option of how many miles the remaining in the fuel tank can do.

3. Head rests

Do all IQ3's have headrest included within the IQ?

thanks for your help :pepsi:

Hello and welcome,

1. Hold the mode button until it beeps once, that will give you access to the menus.

2. No. But you will get used to what range you will get with your style and type of driving.

3.The front headrests are built in to the seat the ones for the rear are removable.

Hi Mark,

thanks for the warm welcome and tips :)

Did your car come with rear head rests or is it optional? Mine doesn't seem to have any but does come with a boot cover.

Also, do you have any recommendation for car mats and prices?

thanks again

I am sure the rear headrests are standard throughout the iQ range (just noticed yours is the iQ3 like mine) so you should have them. Have you checked under the rear seat base? it lifts up for storage.

The Toyota mats are very thin and cheap (but not in price), my drivers mat has worn through with only 15,000 miles on the clock. I have just ordered some from Halfords £49.99 but much better quality than Toyota's. I'll let you know what the fit is like when they arrive next week.

Welcome.

The Heavy Rubber mat set from Tesco for £12 is a very good fit in an iQ,

the long front mats can even get trimmed just a bit to sit well.

IMO they are worth it for the Winter and when its going to be wet weather.

george

I would have thought it un-safe to sell you a car without the head rests present. If they are not in the tray under the rear seat. I would go back to the supplier. They are generally only removed when laying the seats down flat

David

Your car should definitely have the rear head rests. They are almost certainly under the back seat. I guess the question is - Is this a brand new IQ? When I got mine at delivery mileage , the back seats were down (boot liner fitted) and the headrests stowed. It was a good 2 months until I thought I had better check they were there ! But if they weren't it would be a dealer problem.

A used IQ the previous owner could well have put them in their garage and just forget about them when the car was sold - most owners seem to put the back seats down on acquiring the vehicle and leave them there.

hi

have you got the locking wheel nut and compressor in there somewhere (way more important), mine was ex demo and they had been removed, locking w/nut took 6 weeks to get from them. headrest's usually reside as said under the rear seat squab. might need to check the tool tray under the removable box in the back as well.

Thanks for the help everyone, I looked further and still can't find the head rests so I spoke to the dealer and they are looking into it for me.

In terms of the radio I've still not managed to save radio channels.

When I tune the station, I can't seem to save the channel. I press the mode a few times and sometimes it just completely switches off or just beeps and nothing happens.

Hi Mark,

I did actually stumble across that thread too, but I find it very hard to get to the 'set' mode. I have only managed to get the 'set' mode once after repeatedly pressing the mode numerous times.

I wish it was an easier process.

Doing it manually is best. As follows:

Press and hold MODE until you hear a beep.

MENU appears on the display

Press MODE several times until SET is displayed.

Search for desired station by pressing 'up' or 'down' on the joystick.

Select one of the preset stations (CH1-6) by pressing volume '+' or '-' on the joystick.

Press and hold '+' or '-' on joystick for the station the current preset is to be set to, until you hear a beep.

--END--

Hope this helps you dude smile.png

I think the radio setting menu can only be accessed when stationary so start the car, leave the handbrake on and play sitting still. I seem to recall it isn't available when moving.

Craig.

That's correct Craig yes. I hate it when you want to up the bass/treble and your on the motorway :(

It's a bit confusing at first to set channels but after the first, you'll catch on quickly. Advisable to set all 6 preset stations all at once as you'll forget how to do it again - like me.

Ok, will try again with the car stationary, was just about to say my 3rd day trying and failed. Granted I am trying to set it on my way to work.

Ha, that is where you are going wrong. You don't need the engine running, just the ignition turned on.

Did you get the owners hand book with the car? If not ask for one when you go back for the headrests ;)

I think Mark's right there Phil, if you start moving, half the options on the radio aren't accessible any more, for safety reasons... I had the same trouble, till I read the manual :-)

If you short the red and white striped wire to chassis at the back of the radio on the grey plug then is well in the world

David

Hello,

I am back again after trying to set the radio at the weekend I have still not managed it :(

I can get the 'set' mode but can't seem to save the channel.

As per the instructions:

Select one of the preset stations (CH1-6) by pressing volume '+' or '-' on the joystick.

Press and hold '+' or '-' on joystick for the station the current preset is to be set to, until you hear a beep.

When I hold the '+' or '-' sign it just goes up or down

for example I am trying to tune 105.60 fm when i press '+' it just goes up to 105.80 fm and doesn't save.

Any tips would be appreciated.

Phi, I dont consider myself to be thick either & I cant fathom it!! It seems to have a mind of its own!

I think I have just about given up trying to tune my radio, I have managed to save 3 radio stations on FM3 and thats about it.

I have another question re: ECO start/stop

I have always have the climate control on Auto setting and it seems to be always auto set at: feet and windscreen

is this because of the ECO start/stop - in the sense of the engine is not on throughout a journey?

thanks for your help

I thought the heater remembered what setting you had it on last time. I keep mine on feet and windscreen and that's what it always comes up as when I turn the car back on.

I don't think the start/stop affects the heater controls, but I do know if you have the auto air con on when it's below 8 degrees outside, it can prevent the engine from going into start/stop mode (according to the manual). Also the window defogger stops the start/stop from working. Presumably because it's drawing so much power.

I could be wrong though, only had my iQ3 a few days, still getting used to it :)

on auto it does tend to stay on screen and floor most of the time, probably because its a climate control unit and is trying to bring the cabin temperature to whatever you've set it at. in the summer you'll find that with the air con and auto on ,it does swap between modes.At the minute i run for about 10 minutes or so with the demist function on , then swap to auto but without air con, bit more economy. the stop/start does activate with the auto function on, just the air con effort goes down slightly.

i wouldn't worry about the stop/start working / not working with/without the auto on , as i can do an hour to coventry with no heater on and the stop/start will still not activate.then on the way home it starts working again. the stop/start tends not to work until the engine is up normal operating temperature anyway.

I've stopped second guessing the motor and just let it get on with it.

for people still struggling with setting the radio stations, here is a jpg of the page in the manual

David

post-109788-0-19173200-1350551239_thumb.