Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

R1 Concepts Rotors For The Iq

surfcitylocal

Welcome to the newest sponsor of the Haolebuilt II project, R1 Concepts. They produce drilled and slotted rotors for the iQ. I received mine a few days ago and installed them yesterday. These are drilled with the R1 logo engraved. You can have custom engraving done to the rotor as well.

DSCN1921.jpg

DSCN1906.jpg

DSCN1914.jpg

DSCN1910.jpg

DSCN1919.jpg

You can find them here: R1 Concepts

Looking good there Taz, do you know what I can see though?

I see red calipers and a red infill in the engraving and drilling :)

That would look good but I'm changing up the wheels soon and I don't think red will work with the new look.

Changing the wheels! What! Unheard of... I take it they will be the same company supplying them?

Love the look of those brake disks though. You call them Rotors... please tell why? I agree though about painting the 'inserts' a colour, to suit the car/new wheel combo. Sounds good. What would the sponsors think though? Would they do it for you if you suggested it? Interesting look that is. Of course, as you have said a number of times on here Taz, shame Scion didn't put rotors/disks all around.

Were they a custom job Taz, as I don't see the iQ listed under Scion or Toyota, or are they a new build, a new line?

Bob, they call them Rotors as they rotate - simple as that. I suppose similar to the components of a motor where you have a Rotor and Stator. It does beg the question wht they don't call the calipers Stators though :)

Changing the wheels! What! Unheard of... I take it they will be the same company supplying them?

Love the look of those brake disks though. You call them Rotors... please tell why? I agree though about painting the 'inserts' a colour, to suit the car/new wheel combo. Sounds good. What would the sponsors think though? Would they do it for you if you suggested it? Interesting look that is. Of course, as you have said a number of times on here Taz, shame Scion didn't put rotors/disks all around.

Were they a custom job Taz, as I don't see the iQ listed under Scion or Toyota, or are they a new build, a new line?

The wheels will still be the FIVE:AD wheels, just a little different appearance Bob. As pointed out below, we do call them rotors since they rotate. The item for the iQ is brand new. The pair you see here is the first to be produced. There are two other iQ's that have received them this week. The information will be updated on the website soon.

As to the idea of four wheel disc brakes, I'm still working on that one. I have seen some rear axles with disc set up from wrecking yards in England, just trying to figure out how to get one over here without selling my first born.

I'm sure a powder coating company could highlight the logo for a decent price. I haven't ruled out the idea but once you see the new wheel look you may agree a contrasting color would be difficult to find. =)

Well thanks guys for clearing up my lack of Americanese and the Rotors. Now I understand. I guess when they are bedded in a bit -the rotors- the letters will look different anyway, stand out more perhaps. I notice you are keeping the new wheels a closely guarded secret, and so you should; keeps us in suspense.

As to you purchasing a rear axle with a disk set up, good luck. I would imagine the disks would cost a Fist Full Of Dollars, and I expect the shipping price would be For A Few Dollars More. :lol2:

Did you get that wee link there to spaghetti westerns? No! Aw come on, referee!

Well thanks guys for clearing up my lack of Americanese and the Rotors. Now I understand. I guess when they are bedded in a bit -the rotors- the letters will look different anyway, stand out more perhaps. I notice you are keeping the new wheels a closely guarded secret, and so you should; keeps us in suspense.

As to you purchasing a rear axle with a disk set up, good luck. I would imagine the disks would cost a Fist Full Of Dollars, and I expect the shipping price would be For A Few Dollars More. :lol2:

Did you get that wee link there to spaghetti westerns? No! Aw come on, referee!

LOL

clint-eastwood1.jpg

Those have got to be two of my all time favourite films, and joint equal The Italian Job (original).

Off topic but a few years back i found a site offering "The italian job tour". To myself and my son went on it. Run by a very nice guy called Chris Edwards, picked us up at Turin Airport in a mini looking like it was from the film and took us to a hotel. In the morning he took us to all the sites in the film, a lot ar behind closed doors so if you visited Turin you would not normally see them , the church steps of the wedding, the wier the mini's crossed, the roof the mini's danced on,the building the mini's drove down the stairs,(pointing out the cracked marble the mini's did) lots of photo's taken in the same poses like Freddie holding the news paper on the church steps and holding the pick axe handle in the same spot at the original finishing the day going on top of the Fiat building and driving round the circuit. Was a brilliant time. Also my favourite film

David

David that sounds !Removed! brilliant!!

Off topic but a few years back i found a site offering "The italian job tour". To myself and my son went on it. Run by a very nice guy called Chris Edwards, picked us up at Turin Airport in a mini looking like it was from the film and took us to a hotel. In the morning he took us to all the sites in the film, a lot ar behind closed doors so if you visited Turin you would not normally see them , the church steps of the wedding, the wier the mini's crossed, the roof the mini's danced on,the building the mini's drove down the stairs,(pointing out the cracked marble the mini's did) lots of photo's taken in the same poses like Freddie holding the news paper on the church steps and holding the pick axe handle in the same spot at the original finishing the day going on top of the Fiat building and driving round the circuit. Was a brilliant time. Also my favourite film

David

You lucky bugger. Mind you, I'm not really a Mini fan, but I can see the attraction for many others, especially as it's an international hit, old model and new. What an experience though. Bet your son loved it too. That makes you a great Dad, taking your son on a trip like that.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links