Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Strange Green Led On Dash Below Speedo

mrhclarke

I keep meaning to ask about a few strange things in my car. I have an 08 2.2 D4D tourer which was an ex company car that was dealer maintained.

Firstly there is a green LED on my dashboard, just below the instrument cluster. The LED randomly flashes just once when I do things like put the indicators on, but not every time? I was wondering if it was some kind of Battery level indicator installed with the Toyota fitted towbar?

I also have a strange small black box stuck in the top corner of the passender side of the windscreen. It has what looks like two metal strips (aerials?) about 5" long stuck to the screen running downwards. Is this something to do with the factory fitted bluetooth or satnav? It looks a little aftermarket, but I know as it was a company car that only Toyota maintained.

The last thing is just a question about the auto dim rear view mirror. I noticed there is an on/off switch in the bottom with an LED either side. The left LED changes when you switch the auto dim on and off, but what is the other LED for? I've never seen it light up?

The green led is for the indicators on your tow bar electrics. The other two I have no idea. :)

small black thing could be a aftermarket phone kit aeriel.(mine was a fleet car that. has holes/wires from a mobile phone kit that was fitted)sat nav reciever is the small black dome in the front of the dashboard next to the windscreen,couldnt tell you about the bluetooth as its not fitted to mine.as to the second led? on the rear view mirror i think its the light sensor for the mirror.

I did think the led in the right of the rear view mirror button could the the light sensor but I then found the sensor on the back of the mirror. If I put my finger over the sensor on the back of the mirror it does fade out to the green tinted night time mode though..

i was reading my owners manual today and there are 2 sensors in the mirror one facing the windscreen and one facing the rear window.i can onlt assume the forward facing one overides the tinting during daylight hours and once dark the rear facing one on picking up bright light causes the mirror to tint.

Hi, the small black box is probably the DAB aerial. This is an optional extra for the standard head unit and it's needed to get a signal through the glass. It does look a bit rubbish, and even worse after a windscreen change.