Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Brake System (Tuning) For Auris

northernlite

does anybody know where i can buy these brake disc?

Toyota-Auris-Chrome-3.jpg

are there better brake system matching to the auris like from Brembo?

what i know,that there are now only brake pads from Brembo but i am looking for a whole better brake system

You cannot actually just buy the system. Most probably you'll need to custom make it for your car by sending the old system to the factory and ask them to make a big brake kit for you.

If you want performance wihtout too much sacrifices, go for MTEC brake discs. They have different styles like drilled/dimpled/grooved and different combinations of these.

As brake pads you can use Black Diamonds.

thanks for mtec and black diamonds.

i looked on their websites.

really nice stuff.

is there anybody,who has experience in these companies and products on the auris?

are the brake pads from black diamond producing less brake dust?

black diamond is also offering a complete pack of discs and pads? is this good or should i better choose brake discs from mtec?

sorry for so many questions ;-)

As I posted before on other similar topics, I've used Mtec discs with Mintex pads & found them to be very good. With Brembo you get what you pay for - top quality.

Hi again!

It's ok to ask, that's the only way to learn :)

I have this set on my Auris. I chose MTEC discs because I doubted they have big difference compared to Black Diamond, but the price is almost half cheaper. I thought it's because of the brand probably. Also Black Diamond doesn't offer dimpled style and I wanted to have that.

I could say there is 80% less brake dust now. I had old Toyota pads which didn't produce much dust anymore and I changed them to new ones from Black Diamond. Didn't notice increase in brake dust. Toyota ones were a nightmare when they were new, will newer forget that :D

Now the disadvantages. Brakes tend to squeak. They squeak a bit when coming to a stop. Not much and not too noticeable. The problem is difficult to solve though as there are parts from two different companies and Toyota did the installation. I would need to pay to Toyota for a re-install if I would be able to get new parts. Getting new parts is difficult too because I have them from two companies. How will I know that the Black Diamond pads are causing the problem and not the brake discs from MTEC? It can also be vice versa.

I've been suggested to drive and see what happens. They should settle with time and that's what happened with my Toyota pads eventually after they squeaked like crazy for a long long time and nothing helped. The squeaks are not bad now actually. I can say that even though I'm quite a perfectionist!

I didn't notice any huge improvement in braking power neither. The brakes are firm and reliable but didn't amaze me after the change. Maybe I just didn't test them properly enough, only in normal driving. That's because I am still learning too!

Ask if you need anything else :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links