Do Not Sell My Personal Information

No Power, Whole Car Shaking On Acceleration?

RichT180

New engine in two weeks ago, driving home last night the whole car started to vibrate when accelerating. Engine was running terrible and hardly any power. When coasting the car stopped shaking as much. There was no warning lights but the average mpg was on countdown. Got in it this morning to go straight to the dealers and it's running fine?????? Dealer has told me to keep running it and contact them if any more problems occur, they said perhaps it was just a glitch????? Anyone have any ideas as to what could have caused this, I am seriously starting to lose faith :(

do you have DMF clutch vibrated hardly?

this might lead to lose of en el wires controlling solenoids on the pump (SCV)

Besides -- check with EGR valve -- it is is clogged -- this might create gas contra pressure and breaking effect.

cheers / Igor

one more reason of shaking is one or two injectors pour diesel instead of fog spray giving disballance with cycle fuel injection.

physically -- onee of two cylinders brake rotation due to unburnt fuel.

cheers / Igor

Thanks for that, (DMF clutch vibrated hardly) not sure what you mean by this? Egr is clean as I checked this last week, only done 500 miles after a 3/4 engine replacement and taking it very steady until I've done 1000 miles and changed the oil. Just got back from work and the car has ran perfectly fine all day. A colleague told me that water in the diesel can occur causing the engine to run like a bag of ****? I'll just keep my fingers crossed but thanks again for the advice :)

(DMF clutch vibrated hardly) not sure what you mean by this?

DUAL MASS FLYWHEEL -- check whether you have the same

A colleague told me that water in the diesel can occur causing the engine to run like a bag of ****? --> this can be easy checked by drain ***** on the fuel filter housing. Just have it a bit screwed off and drain into a glass to evaluate.

Well I,m £600 lighter after the problem started again and I went straight to the dealers. Number one injector failure only 3 weeks after the engine change. Not happy but what can I do :(

Well I,m £600 lighter after the problem started again and I went straight to the dealers. Number one injector failure only 3 weeks after the engine change. Not happy but what can I do :(

the same was told to you before but ..........

the main thing is that all is clear now

regards / Igor

• 2 weeks later...

To help maintain the system and lube the injectors and pump I'd run V-Power derv (When you can) and also some Archoil 6200. I'm convinced that a lot of the problems with injector/fuel pump failure is due to the low sulpher derv that we have now! The sulpher was there to lube the pump ect so running a fuel with good additives in it will help.

Or you could go down the line of low ash (Mineral) 2T oil in the fuel as a few have done which is very cheap @£2 for 400mls...

Always run it on V-Power Taff, on your advice too. Got another 200 miles to do till I change the oil then I'll bang some BG244 through it. I am convinced that the recent engine change contributed to the injector failure but have no way of proving it. Just looking at it that it's cost me £600 for a new engine. :)

Nice one Rich. Can't beat the V-Power derv imo. I think looking at it costing you 600 quid for a new engine is by far the best way of looking at it. I wonder if the failure had something to do with the engine change an all! But I'm guessing you'll never know really... Remember to use a C2 spec oil like Mobil 1 ESP (5w-30) or Shell Helix Ultra extra that both have a good TBN and meet the VW 507 00 specs.

If you need some ESP oil then there is a seller on Fleabay who has 2x5Ltr for about £65 delivered.