Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Sr180 Tyres

Thumperzz01

Hi I am in the market to buy 4 new tyres for my SR180 225 / 45 / 17 but my current fronts are Z speed rated (all Dunlop) but all listings seem to point towards W.

Is there any merit sticking with the Z rating or is it best to revert to standard W rating price difference is negligible?

My two fronts have lasted really well but they both have around a two inch band worn on the inside edge - is this normal from experience with this model or is tracking or camber etc out?

Although I have run this car for over 4 years and 45,000 miles these are my first tyre purchases as the fronts were previously replaced twice by the dealer as they failed to track the steering correctly.

I know that different cars wear there tyres differently I had a Saab which was really hard on the outside edge of the front tyres.

I am considering replacing with Dunlops at just under £100 a corner - these seem to be a good buy but I know some people have said Uniroyals also suit the car well - any other recommendations at around this price?

I do around 15k plus a year mainly motorway with some rural back roads where good wet weather / winter grip would be appreciated.

Any thoughts

Regards

Pete

I'd go with either GoodYear or Uniroyals if you want a warmer weather tyre, or try a set of Kleber Quadraxers for more grip during the cold months. I got a good price from my local dealer last year - you can use them all year round but come into their own at anything from 7 deg C downwards. They took me through several inches of snow while other cars were being stranded.

I am getting the Goodyears fitted tomorrow morning!

I also read some good reviews on these tyres.

Thanks

Pete

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links