Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

When To Change

roger_37

is there right time to change from summer

to winter tyres, what are the deciding factors?

i have four winter tyres, but when to change.

Winter tyres work best or better than all weather tyres below 6 or 7 degrees. They are also far better in heavy rain than all weather tyres as the additional sipes create heat and disperse water better...

So maybe just a little to soon ? Many Winter tyre are now capable of huge mileages like for example Vredestien tyres which means as they don't wear out as quick as they once did the time scale choice is less critical ..

thanks charlie, i have geolandars a/t,s

don,t know how good they are?

i think they are all terrain.

I have put four Continental winter tyres on this week, it might be a little bit early, having said that it's a very damp foggy day here today and it's forecast to drop colder next week.

thanks denshaw, getting cold here also,

summer tyres down to just above legal limit,

so will change verry soon.

thanks denshaw, getting cold here also,

summer tyres down to just above legal limit,

so will change verry soon.

Legal Limit? as in 1.6mm?

Best to put better tyres on ASAP as the legal limit is not really a very safe limit :(

iv,e still got above 2mm but its getting colder so will change and put geos ats on soon :thumbsup:

I'm just keeping an eye on the temp at the moment, had a couple of morning runs at 8c, but evenings still a little to warm. i'll be swapping over once my daily commutes average less than 10c.

I'll be fitting my Winter Wheels & Tyres on 9th November I think :driving:

Need to carry out a bit of a refurb on the Wheels first as there are a few marks from the previous owners, but RAV4 will be parked up for the two weeks before that anyway while I'm 'darn sarf' :jockey:

I guess mine will go on about the end of the month.

Not really relevant to most of us in the UK ( maybe the guys in Scotland? ) but the Swiss insist that drivers use winter tyres and that they are changed over by the end of October. Just off on a month long road trip to the continent and shall be out of Switzerland and into France by 22nd October. I'm running Michelin Latitude Tours and will be buying another set when these wear out. They are very, very quiet which makes a big difference on a long drive.

They are described as all season tyres, Chris. Do you run them year round?

They are described as all season tyres, Chris. Do you run them year round?

Yes - I bought them when the I got a serious puncture in one of the original tyres ( 15,000 miles ) that required a replacement. I kept the two best originals as spares for my daughter and put a set of four on which run all year round. They look as though they will do 45-50,000miles so I'm well satisfied.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links