Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris 1.6 Tr Clutch Stiff Maybe?

Zparkie

HI All, I have just recently joined and have found a wealth of information here already. Just got a 58 plate 1.6 TS with 40k on the clock and am quite happy with it. Have, after reading here ordered my Cruise Control bits and looking forward to getting it fitted.

I would like to ask your opinions on one thing I am finding frustrating, I feel the clutch is a bit hard to press and requires more force than I would expect, it makes slow releasing of the clutch harder than it should be. I have also found that when reversing up a hill, it can be quite hard to get it out of reverse after.

Anyone else feel the clutch is a bit on the tough side?

I would be grateful for any input as I only have a month warranty and don't want to be left with a big problem.

Thanks in advance.

John

hi Zparkie, i have a 1600 sr and its nice and light to press, yes its only done 6390miles but my old 2010 with 44000 on the clock was easy, its possable for the clutch master cylinder or slaveto be seizing up, highly unlikely but possable as ive changed these before on other cars

It's more likely to be the Clutch assembly that is causing the Pedal to feel heavy, the Clutch Master and Slave Cylinders are operated by hydraulic fluid and unlikely to seize. It's like a human age related problem just showing it's age.

Hi Guys, thanks for the reply, I went back to the dealer and tried another car exactly the same with the same mileage and if anything it was worse. I will get my fav garage to have a look for me, they are very honest with me and will only do what needs done, I do their IT so it's a you scratch mine I'll scratch yours arrangement.

Thanks again

Still waiting for my cruise control arm to come from Thailand, it's amazing how much you miss something you don't use thats often when it's not there.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links