Do Not Sell My Personal Information

6 Years/60K Service

ph47mf

My gen 2 is due for a service this November, do you guys know what should be checked/replaced/refilled at this interval? Or would a normal 'full' service be enough?

Oil, oil filter, sump plug,and gasket kit, key Battery and brake fluid, can't remember if plugs are 40k or 60k. To late in the evening for me to remember

Alex

My last service was the 60000 service, the plugs should be replaced. My service was at a local Toyota dealer and the bill was £201 inc VAT. nothing outwith the usual service items was required on my vehicle.

Oil, oil filter, spark plugs and pollen filter were the main items on my invoice. The final price does include a small discount as I do a monthly direct debit to the dealer which goes towards service costs, so they offer a small discount if you use this method.

ah i was gonna say, £201 is ok, my local toyota is doing that fixed price guarantee thing and they charge £249 for the Full + service which includes changing the plugs. it's a little dear for a routine service which doesn't actually replace a lot of things.

thank you guys, now i know what i need, i can quote around.

a little update, i called to book an appointment, it turns out my next service is the ''immediate'' service costing £119. as they picked it, i am thinking it's sufficient for my car? it's so cheap i am getting worried not a lot gets done. haha.

£119 is a basic oil and oil filter service or intermediate service as its called on the fixed price

Alex

The plugs should be changed at 60000. I don't normally notice any real difference after a service, but I did after the plug change. The fuel consumption improved and overall the reposnse felt better. The plugs are not cheap and a set will set you back close to £50 at a dealer.

I would get the plugs changed, 60000miles/5 years is a long time for a spark plug to operate. My Prius service book supplied with the car states 60000mls/4yrs but I am happy in most cases to go with the mileage with these things, as it would appear is my dealer, as I just book my car in every 10000miles and tell them to carry out the 40k, 50k service etc.