Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1.8Vvti Idler Pulley

Tay

Hi all,

For months i've been trying to track down the cause of a really really light whistling noise at speed that seems to be coming from the right front side when driving.

Had the serpentine belt changed today in an effort to stop this irritating noise and the guy said (when I asked him, he wasnt going to say anything) that there was very slight play in the idler pulley.

My question is, can this pulley be replaced separately and cheaply, or is it a case of having to change the whole tensioner assembly and tensioner pulley as well?

Thanks!

as far as i know the tensioner is unit assly subject to be changed as unit.

Hi there,

Thanks for the reply..

So to clarify, the pulley i'm talking about is the one at the very back of the engine, not the tensioner itself. I think its the one where the power steering pump would have been if it wasnt electric?

it is better to hang a photo of part in question

regards

Hi again,

Thanks again for your help, I have attached a picture of the part I am on about (arrow points to it).

I have found these for sale in the States but cant find them over here?

post-75175-0-72084000-1349367303_thumb.j

Easy enough to change. Remove the belt. Undo the bolt through the pulley, remove and replace. Awkward bit can be the bushes moving in the chain cover so if you knock spacer out and have to refit it you may have to push the bushes back by lightly tapping with a hammer or levering back out

Great, thanks for the answer Black Knight!

The question is where do I get this part from, is it called something other than the ider pulley?

I tried calling my local dealer and they couldnt seem to locate the part on their system and I cant find any after market ones in this country!

Thanks again.

By the way, is it normal to have a little play in these pulleys? like, 2mm or so?

Easy enough to change. Remove the belt. Undo the bolt through the pulley, remove and replace. Awkward bit can be the bushes moving in the chain cover so if you knock spacer out and have to refit it you may have to push the bushes back by lightly tapping with a hammer or levering back out

+ 1

besides -- Mr Parts King is here to sell original spares at discount for TOC members.

just have him caught and send PM to him.

it is not a part to be worry about matey !!!

cheers / Igor