Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Breakdown Cover

B&J

Hi, everyone

Car is coming up to its first anniversary, so shortly going in for its first service.

I note from the voluminous paperwork, that my breakdown cover will cease at the end of the one year period (mean - I got three years with Honda)

Do Toyota UK offer a breakdown service and, if so, do forum members recommend it? As a comparison, Green Flag are offering their top package but one (that's everything UK based but excluding European cover) for £48.76, which seems like a good price.

Thanks

Club Toyota gives top of the range AA cover.... Reasonable price too...

Breakdown cover.

I buy cover for both my cars with the RAC have done for 20+ years. Can't cancel it as it's over two vehicles. £130 a year.

Then...

I get free AA cover from my Bank cos I have a 'Especiale' paid for account. OK thanks...thats as much use to me as a chocolate teapot.

Then Toyota give me Free AA membership..yeah thanks for that. I really need that third level of cover. It's like a chocloate lid for my chocolate teapot!

Mmmm chocolate.......

Well back to the point. I was severely let down by the AA once so I RAC'd. They've always been fine in the four times I have needed them. No opinion on Green Flag etc.

Do you get free cover from your bank account? Worth checking as a lot of people do and don't realise it.

Amongst the other stuff it gives me is Mobile phone insurance and Annual Travel /PA cover. So I try to use as much of the free stuff as possible. LloydsTSB.

Sign up to Quidco and get cashback on AA RAC and Greenflag cover (think you have to be a new customer technically so if you are currently with RAC then sign up with AA or Greenflag and vice versa). Can cut it down by well over 50% depending on level of cover you go for (have got basic roadside cover for around £8 net before).

I would recommend joining Club Toyota; as stated this includes AA cover plus accident recovery etc.

Club Toyota gives you top of the range cover europe wide so if you do any driving in europe it saves having to have separate cover. All the others are UK only.

Club toyota now use the AA (used to use the RAC).

Another vote for Club Toyota. £65 odd, as compared with the AA's "let's try it on" price of over £140 for the same thing (although in my view nobody in their right mind pays the first price asked for anything without trying a haggle).Oh, and it gives you a percentage off Toyota Insurance, if you take that as well.

Since I bought a Yaris, I have paid for no breakdown cover.

I have had zero breakdowns in 6 years - apart from a puncture and I changed the wheel.

My Scottish ancestry vindicated..:-)