Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Somebody Has Copied My Post On To Another Site!

Konrad C

I was looking for some information and found one of my earlier response to a post on another site using a Google search.

Here is the link - http://www.2carpros.com/questions/2000-toyota-avensis-car-stuttering-losing-power-2nd-till-give-more-acceleration

The post used it as though it was his idea about using a screw spire from a speaker kit to hold a vacuum switch rod in place for the leanburn engine.

I included pictures of my fix in my post, but they only used words.

I found other such things where I did a review and that ended up on another site.

How do others feel about this info stealing without crediting the original poster or forum?

Whenever you post any text on the Internet it belongs in the public domain

This means that it can be freely copied

It is usually courteous to give credit and acknowledge the work of the original poster although unless the work is legally copywritten there is no requirement to acknowledge the originality of the writing.

I don't think they are actually intending to pass it off as their own. It's just they haven't structured their post properly, and it is missing important punctuation. They are simply quoting your post.

Their post reads:

"somebody said it might be this would u agree I recognise the engine part and know what engine it is - Leanburn 1.8 petrol 7A-FE.

...YOUR QUOTED POST..."

I think the post was meant to read as the following:

"somebody said it might be this:

...YOUR QUOTED POST...

would u agree? I recognise the engine part and know what engine it is - Leanburn 1.8 petrol 7A-FE."

That means anybody who post a fix that is very useful, is unwittingly sharing their information beyond the forum.

I know Google and other search engines include posts for their searches.

Red Yaris and Gareth, thank for your replies. You have both made me think more positively.

My motto is always turn something negative into a positive.

The more information is shared the better.