Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tyres Smoking!

Darryluk

I have been stopped by the police as they state that they saw my tyres smoking on acceleration and/or braking. My Corolla is a 1998 1.6 5 dr and never has been the fastest car on the road. Is this a likely scenario? This is being treated seriously by the police and I look forward comments. Thank you.

Think there acusing you of careless driving tbh mate.

At the end the day you can get a 1.0 corsa to spin/smoke up the tyres. The fact remains that you will know your doing it

What have they given you? A section 57 or a summons slip?

An auto will spin in the wet but doubt enough to produce smoke. What was the road conditions like at the time?

But in the dry they wont spin enough to produce plumes of tyre smoke.

Either way you would have known it was which is something your not stating?

What did they give you on the side of the road? a white A5 slip or a A4 bit of paper?

In 06 i was unfortunate to "lose" a car on a long open corner whilst i was out on a "spiritive drive". I was able to maintain the slide but i hit a man hole that was 4 inches deep with the rear wheel, which caused the car to roll over 3 and a 1/2 times. Now if the man hole had not been there or had not been so deep i would have got away unscathed. No body else was involved and no one was injured. I did this in full view of the themes valley police who saw everything i had done and some of the high speeds that i had travelled at, as they were sat eating there tea on a side road that looked onto the road i was travelling on.

I was convicted of careless driving, given a 6 month ban, 6 points on my licence, a £200 fine and ordered to take a extended re-test. I pleaded guilty the whole way though and didnt deny a thing. If youve done what theyve caught you doing, man up to it and get a good solicitor.

You don't say how you were driving. But if you were cornering under acceleration I suppose it's possible to make any cars tyres smoke. Braking, well yeah, hard breaking could produce smoke. If you were doing what they claim then as stated above you know if you were driving quick and so it's unlucky but you got caught out, you'll have to see how you get on at court.