Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Suspension

sproutdreamer

Hi

My car 03 1.8 feels road potholes etc on the nearside more than it did. Done 64K miles and it is more a case of feeling the road bumpiness than any noise. Is this just as simple as the shock absorbers or is there another obvious candidate. The shock absorbers feel ok when I bounce up and down on the corners although I appreciate this is a pretty crude test. Not sure whether this is the front or back.

It is a bit cold for sitting on the drive taking it apart to investigate this properly so hoping for some inspired ideas to short cut the process.

Also which tend to go first front or back shockers?

Hi

My car 03 1.8 feels road potholes etc on the nearside more than it did. Done 64K miles and it is more a case of feeling the road bumpiness than any noise. Is this just as simple as the shock absorbers or is there another obvious candidate. The shock absorbers feel ok when I bounce up and down on the corners although I appreciate this is a pretty crude test. Not sure whether this is the front or back.

It is a bit cold for sitting on the drive taking it apart to investigate this properly so hoping for some inspired ideas to short cut the process.

Also which tend to go first front or back shockers?

One thing I would suggest is are the tyres are they over inflated? If not then are they very old hard wearing ones as sometimes the rubber goes very hard over time causing the symptoms you have, I have seen this before and when the tyre is removed from the rim and is thrown down on to the floor tread down it has no bounce at all where as a decent new one will rebound, this is even worse in the cold weather ..... just a thought before you lash out £££££££££££££'s on shockers. ;)

Regards Pete.

Hi have you checked the shocks for any fluid loss (oil) i had a leaky front passenger side shock although it felt ok when i pushed down on the car but it was slowly loosing it..i had to replace both sides with genuine toyota shocks...£55 a side not bad for genuine parts!!! after market 1's were £59-£70.