Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auris Sr 1.6 Lowering Springs

Michaeldale

I have a Toyota auris sr 1.6 and I am wanting to lower it. Does anyone know how low they are as standard? If I put 40mm springs on will it make any difference?

Hi and welcome on TOC Michael!

Of course the springs will make a difference. They will lower your car by 40mm compared to standard springs. I think most common lowering springs available for Auris are 30 and 35mm.

I just wasn't sure because the sr mode is slightly lower than normal as far as I am aware? Is that true?

Cheers

The Auris SR diesel is definitely 10mm lower than others in the range, but I'm honestly not sure if the petrol SR is too. Logic would say that it is, but either another member with one can tell you or ring your dealer and ask.

I bought an Eibach Pro-kit for mine & it barely lowered the car at all from the standard Toyota Motorsport springs. But it did reduce the amount of body roll massively in the corners or going through roundabouts. For that improvement alone, it was well worth the money.

PETROL SR is fitting with 25mm coil spring. lower than standard auris about 25mm..

There we go - I knew someone would know ! Thanks :)

That would suggest that lowering springs on a 1.6 SR would give you maybe an extra 10mm lowering over standard height.

PETROL SR is fitting with 25mm coil spring. lower than standard auris about 25mm..

it also depends on the year, ive had a 2010 and now got a 2012 which are the same ride hight as the standard auris, ive put the toyota motorsport springs on and its made it alot more responsive in the corners and under harsh braking

Its a good upgrade for an auris. It will make your sr more responsive in the corners and less body roll plus it looks better than the standard auris.

it also depends on the year, ive had a 2010 and now got a 2012 which are the same ride hight as the standard auris, ive put the toyota motorsport springs on and its made it alot more responsive in the corners and under harsh braking

Thanks for reminding me. I am going to replace my coil springs as well. Mine is 1.33 TR..

where did you get the springs from?

If you look on eBay there is a set of FK 35/40mm springs for £69.99. Have had that make before on my Clio sport and they are really good.

If you look on eBay there is a set of FK 35/40mm springs for £69.99. Have had that make before on my Clio sport and they are really good.

THanks have checked on eBay.

That is reasonable price to me.

i got mine from eBay, genuine toyota motorsport springs, i was told they was different springs by toyota and yes the part numbers was different, but when checking further found thqt the springs was the same, so i got a set for 25.00, these are also the same for the diesel, dut not the same as the 2.2 decat, my springs have been on doth my auris sr cars and think they are the bees knees

I was surprised to find how soft the Toyota Motorsport springs are. They were fitted as standard to my SR180, but after realising how much body roll there was in corners or on roundabouts I sourced a set of Eibach Pro-kit springs. They are miles better and still have a great ride quality - not something you often find with aftermarket suspension.