Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Reversing/parking Sensor

WalnutinUK

:oops: Hi, I have a 2012 Auris Hybrid T Spirit and in the next few days I shall be fitting a Cobra 0258 reversing/parking sensor.

The actual installation looks absolutely straight forward and I do not forsee any problems, however I do have one question that maybe someone here will be able to help me with.

Will the extra current drain from the reversing light upset the main ECU? If so, what are the options available to me as I believe that "by pass" devices are available

(whatever they are...).

Any help is much appreciated.

You may be asking yourselves why I am doing this to such a small car (which already has a camera at the back), the answer is... I like toys.! :blowup:

u could just set up a simple relay which is activated by the reversing light and then turns on a dirext feed from somewhere else such as the Battery

Hi Adam,

Yes that's a possibility, something I could look into.

Thanks for the idea, maybe I shall go that route if needs be..

Not sure if I will need to yet but thanks very much for the idea, always good to have a plan..

just nip down maplins u can get a relay for a couple of quid id do it that way just to make sure tbh maybe chuck a resistor in before the relay so it doesnt dim ya reversing light at all

Yes that sounds reasonable, that is the route I shall follow if the ecu objects to the extra loading on the reversing light supply.

I shall be doing this either next weekend or the weekend after, I shall let you know what happens.

Cheers Adam..!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links