Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yet Another What Will The 4.4 Look Like Thread

dave.m

Things seem to have been a bit quiet on here of late regarding the forthcoming new model.

I came across the following while looking for Urban Cruiser stuff. Don't think it's been posted

before, but if it is has, oh well I guess you will all have to get all excited all over again.

2013-Toyota-RAV4-possible-front-view-leaked-photo-623x389.jpg

2013-Toyota-RAV4-possible-interior-leaked-photo-300x187.jpg

http://wot.motortrend.com/production-spec-2013-toyota-rav4-possibly-exposed-overseas-244385.html

While we can’t confirm the identity of the vehicle revealed in the following photos, we’d be surprised if it were anything but the upcoming 2013 Toyota RAV4. Shot by a forum member of an online Toyota fan club in Saudi Arabia, the photos reveal a Toyota crossover sitting in a dealer prep lot. Torn pieces of protective wrap expose a number of styling cues from our recent spy shots and renderings of the 2013 RAV4.

2013-Toyota-RAV4-possible-interior-leaked-photo-300x187.jpgThe biggest giveaway is the exposed front clip. While the lower bumper remains covered, the grille and headlights are similar to those on the test mules caught in recent months. Much of the side is still covered, making it difficult to determine if this particular model is equipped with two or three rows of seats. The photographer, however, did capture a clear shot of the cockpit, which features a new horizontally dominated layout that appears to be making its way into new Toyota and Lexus models. Though the U.S.-spec version of the 2013 RAV4 might sport changes from the crossover sold overseas, the car shown here retains the crossover’s three-spoke steering wheel design, but has a thicker grip and revised buttons.

Powertrain details have yet to be released, but there’s a possibility Toyota may drop the V-6 engine option. Most of the RAV4’s competitors, like the one-engine Honda CR-V and three-engine Ford Escape, only offer smaller displacement four-cylinder mills. We’d be surprised if a more modern transmission didn’t debut on the 2013 RAV4, which is expected to launch before the end of this year. In the meantime, check out the photos and let us know if you think this is the new 2013 RAV4.

Source: ToyotaClub-SA via Carscoop

Read more: http://wot.motortrend.com/production-spec-2013-toyota-rav4-possibly-exposed-overseas-244385.html#ixzz28dy6CLNp

Yup, think we've seen that one Dave................

Looks a bit Honda ish.. They need to get this new model right ! The old one has been around way over six years and is well past its sell by date.....

The press are raving about the new Auris. It's a while since that happened so along with the GT86, things are looking up.

Dave, seems about right does that Spyshot, along with most on the Net. Charlie, trust me Toyota will get this version of the Rav absolutely right (they dare but).

Dave did you find anything on the Net about the U/C?

Regards Clare

Dave, seems about right does that Spyshot, along with most on the Net. Charlie, trust me Toyota will get this version of the Rav absolutely right (they dare but).

Regards Clare

Claire it was while I was looking for Urban Cruiser snippets that I came across this, but no, not a thing about the UC.

Re the 4.4, if this is the generic look that MrT is going for then I give it a big thumbs up. The one thing I really dislike

about my UC is the front. That spyshot above showing front view if it is of new Rav looks great.

Dave, agree entirely, case in question must be the new Yaris, superb HSD front end compared to the "standard" Yaris. If they can get that effect on the new Rav it will look the Dogs B*******ks, and looking at your spy photo it could well have said lower Grille.

Regarding the U/C front end and bonnet in particular, this is a let down as far as stone chips, the leading edge of the bonnet is too steep.

Regards Clare

• 1 month later...

Have just had a "Teaser Video" posted to me on FB.Toyota are not giving anything away as design looks. All will be reveled at the LA motor show later this month.

Waiting in anticipation!!!!!

Regards Clare

I saw one the other day, looks great :flowers: It has that new look "face" as Don refers to, slightly lower roof at the rear and different rear lights. It is not a massive change in shape, the changes are much more subtle apart from the front end

Kingo :thumbsup:

Regards Clare

There will be something Clare, but you are going to have to wait a long time ;) ssshhhhh

James Kingo Bond :thumbsup:

Have just had a word with my "friend" in the Know and he saw it recently.It is like the "New Auris" style a bit bulkier and very similar looks. Apparently not just as tall as the previous model and it does have a "lift up" rear door.

It in time will be available in 3 trim levels- Icon,Active and Invincible. Toyota are revising all their trim levels across the range.

And within the next 3 years there is a QQ type Toyota being launched, possibly on the New Yaris platform, as Kingo says the replacement for the discontinued U/C.

He also said the New Rav is an absolute stunner, and the pricing is not that much different to the out going model

HTH Regards Clare

yep

Good, time to save up and recover from another Toyota purchase coming up this week. Do kids ever stop costing you money........no !

New Rav to be launched in the UK in March ?

Cor strewf, Paulo min....have you been living in a hoover....? (Vacuum...) lol.

Big Kev

New Rav to be launched in the UK in March ?

Cor strewf, Paulo min....have you been living in a hoover....? (Vacuum...) lol.

Big Kev

Wasn't 100% sure Kev, it just seems a while away when there are already some cars in Europe.

Not being a big head, but I got that one right about the 3 trim levels!!!!!!!

Regards Clare