Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Avensis 54 2.0 Clutch Price

M4cc45

Hi,

As topic really.

Since I've had the car (3 years) the clutch has been heavy. It's been mentioned on a couple of times when I have had the car serviced.

It's now got to the point where by when using the clutch and barely touching the gear stick is making it jump into neutral so I think it's on the way out.

I live near Glocuester and looking for a rough price to have it replaced and also some garage recommendations if possible.

Thanks!

M.

Hello M, I have the same car but on 04, My clutch is heavy but I have got used to it now. oh and its squeaks.

I got a quote from andrew page whilst i was in there getting service parts & I will get back to you with the price later quoted later.

I have recently bought mine on 140,000 motorway miles from 30,000.

Just out of intrest was your clutch ever light? how many miles roughly did you do until it became heavy?

and how many miles did it remain heavy until it jupped out of neutral.

I cannot recommend any garages as I live many of miles from you,

Hi,

As topic really.

Since I've had the car (3 years) the clutch has been heavy. It's been mentioned on a couple of times when I have had the car serviced.

It's now got to the point where by when using the clutch and barely touching the gear stick is making it jump into neutral so I think it's on the way out.

I live near Glocuester and looking for a rough price to have it replaced and also some garage recommendations if possible.

Thanks!

M.

Just an update- i have been on euro car parts, They sell three different makes, LUk-142.80, Valeo £222,Transmech-£61.19(out of stock) LUK is the same make andrew page, you could give parts-king a message asking a price on a genuine clutch kit at a discounted price.

You may need to change the DMF (duall mass flywheel), there is a solid flywheel coversion its cheaper. but ive been advised by people on here the avensis has a dmf for a reason.

I hope this helps.

It helps as a ball park figure for the clutch - fitting is going to take it up to nigh on £400 at a guess.

With regards to post 2 the cars done 90k miles - don't think the clutch has ever been replaced before. Since I've had the car it's been a little heavy but getting a little worse now (most noticible when I've been driving something else to be honest - it's a real struggle after that).

Thanks for the information - think I'm going to have to bite the bullet and get it sorted.

M.

OK, andrew page quoted me with £94.46-clutch - flywheel (if needed) 285.00 (both on trade).

try this link http://www.andrewpage.com/content/7/depot_details to find your local branch.

Be sure to let me know how you get on, I would really like to know if the clutch gets lighter, thank you.